Whats your thoughts on a Motion-Sensing Controller for 360?

• 61 results
#1 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

There was rumors flying around about a possible motion sensing controller for the 360 maybe coming or in development or in testing phase. Whats your thoughts on it? Would you buy it, would you ok it?

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

It's a terrible gimmick, I'm content with my current controller.

#3 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

they shouldn't do it.

#4 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

let the Wii have its toys

#5 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I for one, think that with a motion-sensing controller, it could really push MS to get to the more casual gamers that they are trying to target more of.

#6 Posted by lux (128 posts) -

I'm so against this.

#7 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Txheat said:
"let the Wii have its toys
"
Pretty much sums up my thoughts - without the fanboyism.
Im Happy with the current control, if i wanted motion sensing, id get a wii.
#8 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

BAD IDEA!

#9 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

I hope it does not come to be. The Wii is already set with it's own motion sensing control and the Playstation 3 ended up cutting the motion sensing that it had in their controller

#10 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

I really dislike the Wii's motion controls outside of Wii sports, and Sixaxis just doesn't work well for anything I've tried, so I for one am against motion controls.

#11 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

Sony had to cut their motion control cause it was poorly implemented.

The idea for a motion sense controller for the Microsoft would be about the same as the those Scene It controllers. They will never ever become a viable way to control your games. But will work with the types of games that are obvious for the control scheme. I am all for it coming out but I won't be first in line to buy it unless there are good games that use it well.

#12 Posted by mattz (33 posts) -

Even if they do have motion controls I don't want to use them anyway. With the PS3 I always turn it off.

#13 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

I have no interest in it, I love the 360 controller as it is.

#14 Posted by Kournelle (111 posts) -

actually, that would be very lame considering the idea being taken from a copycat,(PS3), who took it from Wii, who took it from Dreamcast.
very very lame

#15 Posted by odyssey1988 (8 posts) -

I think it's pretty ridiculous and it's also why I think the Wii Motion plus is a bad idea. Not because the idea itself is bad but because since it isn't part of everyones system it makes the amount of games that can offer it very limited. If it came with the system at launch it would be fine but this far out in the 360's life cycle it just doesn't make sense. I'd say wait and do it for their next console when they can have it ready for launch.

#16 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

No, I don't want motion sensing controls with my Xbox 360.

#17 Posted by Roland (42 posts) -

No?

#18 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

Not needed.

#19 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

First, to the couple of people who said that Sony cut the motion controls out of the PS3, that isn't true.  The new dualshock controllers still have tilt support, it's just that most games released still don't use it in any interesting ways, if at all.

As far as a motion controller, I think it would be a poor idea.  I thought the same thing about a lot of other products during Microsoft's E3 press conference.  Rather than obviously and desperately trying to grab at the audience that made the Wii a huge success, I think Microsoft would be served really well by just embracing the identity they've already created for themselves and just running with it.

#20 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I don't mind if MS decided to put it in the 360, but I don't think it would be necessary to do that. The 360 controller is fine as it is now.

#21 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Nah, I wouldn't care for it, unless the new 360 games they made forced me to use them. No offense to you Nintendo gamers out there (I am one myself and I do own a Wii), but look at the Wii. The only reason their motion sensitive control is pleasurable at all is because it appeals to people that never play games. Since I am a hardcore gamer, I could care less about how "cool" these simple games are just because they use new ideas. So no, forget motion sensing!

#22 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

It works....dont 'fix' it. It will be sad if two of the three consoles this generation have gimmicky motion controls

#23 Posted by DeusExMathias (23 posts) -

Actually, I'd be pretty happy - as long as M$ can come up with some comparable games to the Wii sports stuff, I won't have to buy a Wii for my daughter in the next few years or so.  As long as they learn from the mistakes that others have made, they should do alright.

~Deus

#24 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -
atejas said:
"It works....dont 'fix' it. It will be sad if two of the three consoles this generation have gimmicky motion controls"

Exactly. The Xbox 360 controller is great as it is. It has a good bit of weight and it has a good feel to it. Besides, most games that would use the motion controller I would never play.
#25 Posted by JoeMarsden (300 posts) -

I really wouldn't care for it at all. If you look at the main player demographic of 360 users, then I think you can agree that they won't appreciate it either. Let Nintendo keep their motion sensor stuff.

#26 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Br3adfan said:

"

I hope it does not come to be. The Wii is already set with it's own motion sensing control and the Playstation 3 ended up cutting the motion sensing that it had in their controller

"

Uhh, when? Where do you get your facts, lol. Many games use it in pretty smart and casual ways, but thank god nothing like the Wii (flailing the stick all over).

MAV3R1CK said:
"I for one, think that with a motion-sensing controller, it could really push MS to get to the more casual gamers that they are trying to target more of."

They are trying to target the casual more, just look at what they are doing. New motion sense controller, new dashboard, Avatars, and games like Lips (SingStar type of game, Sony did great with that casual market), and Scene It (Buzz rip off, which was a huge casual game in the EU).

So I think they are trying to move in that direct a lot more.

You know the term they are using for this new controller? "Six degrees of freedom". Ever heard of that before? Ring a bell? Exact same slogan Sony used in 06 when they debuted the controller, now 2 years later MS is doing the same thing, but in the form of a Wii mote. The current 360 controller is great, there is no need for a new one. Have you seen the videos of it? Looks ridiculous. Sony did it right by putting it IN their controller, where MS is making a whole new controller for it. :( I think its a bad idea, just stick with the 360 controller, if anything add motion sense into that.

DeusExMathias said:
"Actually, I'd be pretty happy - as long as M$ can come up with some comparable games to the Wii sports stuff, I won't have to buy a Wii for my daughter in the next few years or so.  As long as they learn from the mistakes that others have made, they should do alright.

~Deus"

Actually it won't be Wii sports kind of stuff. Because this uses tilt controls, like the SIXAXIS, but in the form of a stick, like the Wiimote. So playing a game like golf or tenis wouldn't be possible. Well it would, but highly innacurate, like the SIXAXIS.
#27 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

retarded tbh

#28 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"It's a terrible gimmick, I'm content with my current controller.
"
What he said... the 360 Experience isn't about flailing around like a retard we'll leave that for the Wii. When you get a 360 you want that perfect ergonomically designed masterpiece in yer hands & pwn n00bs in the fun-est games possible. PERIOD!

-yeah... I said fun-est!
#29 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

it aint happening the rumor stopped like a week and half to two weeks ago

#30 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

it works on Wii because they took time and care to get it right. it won't work on 360 because their stuff is too expensive and they're just making it to copy nintendo.

#31 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -
Sentry said:
Br3adfan said:
"

"

Uhh, when? Where do you get your facts, lol. Many games use it in pretty smart and casual ways, but thank god nothing like the Wii (flailing the stick all over).

"

Well Sony cut the motion sensing stuff quite a while ago and there were not many good games that used the motion sensor for the Playstation 3
#32 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

If it's implemented well then I'd gladly jump on the bandwagon.

#33 Posted by Termite (2395 posts) -

They should just leave the motion sensing stuff to Nintendo for now, they can try to tackle it in the next generation of consoles if they like

Bad idea

#34 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

Sounds like a dumb idea.

#35 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Br3adfan said:
"Sentry said:
Br3adfan said:
" I hope it does not come to be. The Wii is already set with it's own motion sensing control and the Playstation 3 ended up cutting the motion sensing that it had in their controller"

Uhh, when? Where do you get your facts, lol. Many games use it in pretty smart and casual ways, but thank god nothing like the Wii (flailing the stick all over)."

Well Sony cut the motion sensing stuff quite a while ago and there were not many good games that used the motion sensor for the Playstation 3 "
Uhh, yeah right... It's still in there bro, still alot of good games using it. Where do you get this info? From your dreams? LOL.
#36 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -
I dunno.  I'm pretty liberal about the release of accessories like this, but I don't think I would ever buy it.

As a casual gamer, I am much more content with sitting around, relatively still, as opposed to weaving the controller through the air.  It's just not necessary for me to enjoy the games. 
#37 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Most games on the Wii don't even make good use of the motion controls, and I think it would fail on the 360. Microsoft won't be able to grab the casual market by just copying what is already out, and I think the hardcore gamers don't want motion sensing anyway.

#38 Posted by Dan (143 posts) -

My thoughts are that it is stupid as hell in the PS3 controller already, it's still not yet proven itself to me even on the Wii, and it will be just as stupid on the 360.

#39 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

SIXAXIS motion controls are just a side feature, could be used in neat ways like they have in many games, but most games they are just a little addition, sometimes they work well and are fun, no harm (ie HS, R&C, UDF, etc), but the other games, mostly 3rd part stuff, are usually just shitty tacked on mechanics that don't need to be there.

#40 Posted by Gorillawhat (1260 posts) -

NO

#41 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

Speaking as a Neutral, I am totally against any company besides Nintendo incorporating motion sensing in their controllers. It just seems that each console has its own appeal. The PS3 plays blurays and makes you fly, the Xbox 360 allows players to connect to anybody and everybody and explodes causing you to fly, and the wii gives users a chance to wave their arms around their rooms (mimicking a flying bird). They are all unique and should stay that way.

#42 Posted by Gorillawhat (1260 posts) -

No, I think it's the giant WindTunnel-esk noise coming from the Xbox that causes you to fly.

#43 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i hope not!

#44 Posted by Gorillawhat (1260 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"i hope not!
"
Don't be silly, everyone whishes they could fly!... Oh... you were talking On-topic... *moves into fetal position *
#45 Posted by KR3W619 (25 posts) -

No,i never use it on the ps3

#46 Posted by ChainGangSoldier (71 posts) -

As long as its only for some games I would like it

#47 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I enjoy having precision and security when it comes to my controllers, which I doubt I'd get from a motion-sensing one. No thanks.

#48 Posted by Connelo (131 posts) -

It woud be such a blatent copy of the other consoles, i doubt they'd do it.

#49 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

At this point, releasing a motion controller for the 360 would be pretty pointless. Even if Microsoft bundled the controller with all future systems, only a small percentage of 360 owners would have it. They would be splitting their market much like they have with the hard-drive situation.

#50 Posted by xv0id (61 posts) -

Not Need, and I would not get one if it came to be true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.