Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Which Magic game to get?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BleedingStarX

Now I know NOTHING about Magic The Gathering I just LOVE CCG/TCG games. I've played the YuGiOh XBLA game to death and want something new. I've downloaded the first games trial and played a few games and I am getting the hang of the mechanics of the game.

Mainly getting it for singleplayer duels, so is there a reason to buy the Magic 2013 over the 1st or 2nd games? Do either of the game have currency to buy booster packs to improve the decks or do you just play with the starter deck?

newt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By newt

I only ever got the fist game; there were no boosters- no real deck customization at all. The later versions might have added some /minor/ customization, but WOTC will probably never give you a standalone single-player deckbuilder sandbox again (oh, how I loved the Microprose game). Anything like boosters or full deck customization would directly hit their massive profits from Magic Online.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By fugie7

@BleedingStarX: Get Magic The Gathering.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Canteu

2013 is pretty good, it has more modes n shit.

As you win matches you unlock new cards for the deck you used in the duel. 30 cards per deck.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SharkEthic

2013 is free ("rookie" difficulty only though) on the iPad, which is a perfect device to play that type of game on. So grab that if you have an iPad! Either way, get 2013 - there's just a lot more content.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stinky

@newt said:

I only ever got the fist game; there were no boosters- no real deck customization at all. The later versions might have added some /minor/ customization, but WOTC will probably never give you a standalone single-player deckbuilder sandbox again (oh, how I loved the Microprose game). Anything like boosters or full deck customization would directly hit their massive profits from Magic Online.

no real deck customization in the latest version either. there is some minor customization, picking to add a few unlocked cards but thats about it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    @SharkEthic

2013 is free ("rookie" difficulty only though) on the iPad, which is a perfect device to play that type of game on. So grab that if you have an iPad! Either way, get 2013 - there's just a lot more content.

Is it iPad only? Or does that include iPhone as well?
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By fattony12000

For the full experience: Magic: The Gathering Online

For the lite experience: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more partial to the Magic of Friendship myself...

And I don't anything about Magic The Gathering, but I would figure that the newest one probably is the one with most active people.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

David Copperfields Track and Field. Best magic game ever.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mesoian

@BleedingStarX said:

Now I know NOTHING about Magic The Gathering I just LOVE CCG/TCG games. I've played the YuGiOh XBLA game to death and want something new. I've downloaded the first games trial and played a few games and I am getting the hang of the mechanics of the game.

Mainly getting it for singleplayer duels, so is there a reason to buy the Magic 2013 over the 1st or 2nd games? Do either of the game have currency to buy booster packs to improve the decks or do you just play with the starter deck?

Get Magic 2013. They're annualizing the franchise in order to keep it current with the new decks being released in the physical world so staying current is your best option.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SharkEthic

@CL60: iPad only. They need the bigger screen to pull it off as well as they do, I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.