Who really cares about gamerscore?

• 67 results
#51 Posted by MacGyver (280 posts) -

i don't really care about them even though i have quite a few. but people who do have every right to.

#52 Edited by Strife88 (225 posts) -

It's alright, but I still enjoy the PS2 days a lot more when it focused on the games.

#53 Posted by BR4DL3I9H (265 posts) -

Personally i wouldn't pick up say 'king kong' just to get achievements like some people do. I don't really care about my overall gamerscore, but i do try to get 100% of achievements on the games i enjoy. My only hatred of achievement points is that some developers put in 'collect x number of x' achievements, which works in say crackdown or GTA4, but there is no need for  them in burnout. However i will always buy a 360 game over a ps3 because of the achievements. I know trophies will be out eventually for all new release games but i personally still prefer the xbox 360 achievements.

#54 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -

Lotsa people do.

#55 Posted by y0z1 (34 posts) -

I think it's a good idea.

I dont see the point of torturing yourself to play a game 100 times just to get achievements, but in some games the achievenemts are really clever. Like the "Launch the gnome into space" achievement from The Orange Box.

It also give's you an idea of how Hardcore other people are.

#56 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I don't mind them. They are good to get, but people shouldn't go overboard in trying to get them.

#57 Posted by SmokeyDaBear (110 posts) -

I honestly don't care for the score, and I don't really care much for achievements although lately I must admit that I have tried completing a few of them.

#58 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

I care on a personal basis. I like to compete with my friends for a higher score. It's just a way to be a little more competitive, It's nothing to obsess over.

#59 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

getting achievements is fun

#60 Posted by aeminence (15 posts) -
MikPick said:
"Colino said:
"To be honest, when I play a game on my 360, I love getting achievements and making points.

But I am far from being points addicted... In fact, I only do the achievements that are FUN or challenging enough to engage me in more fun... I think that's what achievements are for, raising replayability and making you play your games in ways your normally wouldn't!
"

Stuff like you're doing is fine, that's what I think the system was made for. It's just people that go way out of their way to play games / do tasks they may hate just to get gamerscore up that makes no sense to me."
It's been said on the Xbox forums the higher your GS is the bigger your E-peen is. Obsly this must be true (:
#61 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

I care to an extent. I didn't go out of my way to get achievements at first......

but as soon as I started grinding through a game I didn't really enjoy just to get points..

#62 Posted by MrRetep (81 posts) -

I could care less about my GS

#63 Posted by Corsaer (66 posts) -

It really depends.

For the kind of people who wouldn't stop playing FFVII until they got the entire party's Ultimate Weapon, and found all the Summons, then such a thing as Achievements and the Gamerscore a godsend.
For the other people, the ones who just play a game until it starts to feel boring or repetitive, or don't really care if they finish the game, then the stuff is probably an "in your face" annoyance.

I think of Achievements as an added, outside goal, to a game.  One that's completely optional.
The Gamerscore is there as proof outside of your saved game.
If I like a game, or like a certain Achievement, or am bored out of my mind, I'll tend to go for them.

#64 Posted by Shigginator (124 posts) -

I don't really care much about my gamerscore (or others', for that matter). I look at it being the higher the gamerscore, the more time the person has spent going after achievements.

#65 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
My gamescore gets me Hoes. Woot.
#66 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Corsaer said:
"It really depends.

For the kind of people who wouldn't stop playing FFVII until they got the entire party's Ultimate Weapon, and found all the Summons, then such a thing as Achievements and the Gamerscore a godsend.
For the other people, the ones who just play a game until it starts to feel boring or repetitive, or don't really care if they finish the game, then the stuff is probably an "in your face" annoyance.

I think of Achievements as an added, outside goal, to a game.  One that's completely optional.
The Gamerscore is there as proof outside of your saved game.
If I like a game, or like a certain Achievement, or am bored out of my mind, I'll tend to go for them.
"
Pretty good interpretation. Some people like a way to show how far they've gotten in a game, as Corsaer said, proof.
#67 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

I think its a nice little incentive to keep you playing.

#68 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I don't care about it too much, I just like seeing which achievements people have. Like completing games on the hardest difficulty or getting the "Mile High Club" Achievement in COD4. It's always fun and rewarding to get difficult achievements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.