Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Why do you play COD4 more than halo Or Halo more than COD4

TheSnakeOfWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheSnakeOfWar

COD4 and Halo 3 have been fighting it over Live for the top spot and for you to pop in their disc into the tray. The Question im  asking is why do you play that game more than the other. What makes the other game that more special.

I Personally play Halo 3 as i enjoy the lobbys interface and You feel like you have an identy when you play. I also enjoys it as i can play against  people with my skill instead of gettin stuck with 0 prestige level 1 and a 10th prestige level 55 as teamates in COD 4.

So why Di you Play COD4 instead of Halo Or vice versa

OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OblivionGuy07

Now I play CoD more, simply because it is an overall more intense and realistic experience, and you are rewarded.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By epic_pets

because halo is full of kids

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By gearhead

Not really into either at the moment.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Relys

CoD4 because Halo 3 can be cheap and annoying even if you're winning.

Sure, CoD4 has Juggernaut, and Martyrdom.. But it's not enough to make me want to rip someones eye out with my controller.

CoD4 takes more skill to play in my opinion.. and gives everyone a fairer chance at the same time.

I mean, I can take out a sniper all the way across the map with a shotgun if I place my flashes right.

mistical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mistical

Well the obvious reason why people play one over the other would be that's the game they enjoy playing more of. I personally have not played Halo 3 since before CoD4 came out. I never liked the Halo series the either, played a little Halo 3 with friends and that was it. Its multiplayer to me, based on pure luck. If CoD4 never came out, I'd be playing another game anyways. Not sure how many people would pick a game to play over its interface either. Not sure how you feel as if you have more identity over playing Halo 3 then CoD4. I guess not that many people play Halo 3? Does it really matter? If you don't want to get stuck with people in CoD4 that are not doing good, find some friends to play with.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Samaritan

I'm more of a Halo 3 guy, I love CoD4 and appreciate the hell out of it but Halo 3's gameplay and pacing is just more appropriate to how I play FPS on a console.

MikPick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikPick

I find Halo to get sort of dull. To kill someone takes way too long and most maps cheap tactics are used.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By breadfan

Call of Duty 4 has better online customization and the ranking system is far better.  Halo is good, but it can't hold up to Call of Duty

Conner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Conner

I play COD4 because Halo has a horrible community. There are so many little kids on that game.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

Halo is pretty boring to me. I fell into the hype and thankfully traded it in after I realized that. CoD4 was good, but I have little patience for certain games (I like to keep a constant flow of new games). Therefore I only played it for a month.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i play halo more often since its easier to pick up and play at random times, but cod 4 has more time logged in. im not too fond of either though, ut3 and tf2 are my main games.

TheLimper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheLimper
    Br3adfan said:
    "Call of Duty 4 has better online customization and the ranking system is far better.  Halo is good, but it can't hold up to Call of Duty"
    Are you sure you aren't  reversing the two? Halo has WAY more online options and the ranking system on CoD 4 is pretty much non existent. Ranks on CoD 4 mean nothing.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't play either of those games anymore, BUT when I did, I played Halo 3 more than COD4 I think because it wasn't as... um, random.  In COD4 I'd run around each section of the map, blasting everyone, it was way too easy, and you could be extremely cheap if you wanted.  In Halo 3 with the shields and all, you had to be consistent, you couldn't just run around racking up kills, well you could but not in the same way... and against equally skilled players, it was very intense.  Both fun, but COD4 had very simple and easy gameplay, Halo 3 had more depth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheLimper said:
    "Br3adfan said:
    "Call of Duty 4 has better online customization and the ranking system is far better.  Halo is good, but it can't hold up to Call of Duty"
    Are you sure you aren't  reversing the two? Halo has WAY more online options and the ranking system on CoD 4 is pretty much non existent. Ranks on CoD 4 mean nothing.
    "
    true. halo lets you make your own game modes and customize placement of weapons, vehicles, and powerups on maps. also while halos ranking system can be frustrating, it paints a better picture of how skilled you actually are. cod 4 ranking system is more of a tiered unlock system that lets you repeat it 10 times over for a new symbol.
    MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAV3R1CK

I play Halo more because I can't stand the fact that you can shoot through walls in COD 4. Don't call me a n00b either, becase I know what i'm doing. Plus, Halo has lots of different things you can do.

mistical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mistical
    MAV3R1CK said:
    "I play Halo more because I can't stand the fact that you can shoot through walls in COD 4. Don't call me a n00b either, becase I know what i'm doing. Plus, Halo has lots of different things you can do."
    That's more realistic though. Don't bother telling me that it's not and that some of the weapons can not shoot through some of different walls in real life that the game has either. The game might not be 100% perfect when it comes to which weapons shoot through what wall/material but they do a pretty good job of it. Then there is perks like deep impact that you know will have great effect of it shooting through a wall if that weapon can already. Just use it to your advantage.
    dax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dax

I play COD4 because everything just feels "right". The weapons, walk/run-speed, aiming and the great locales. I actually prefer the sci-fi setting of Halo over COD's realism, but Halo is too slow and it lacks that certain something for me.
    Plus, I can kick ass in COD4, while I pretty much suck ass in Halo. That kinda factors in as well :P

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Major

I like the fact that you don't have to win to be rewarded in CoD4... just need kills.

FuzzyFace56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FuzzyFace56

I don't like the fact that in Halo3 i have to fire 1 million shots to kill one guy, and as soon as i turn around someone shoots me 2-3 times(my shield was lost in the last battle) and i get killed in a cheap way.....

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By suneku

I play CoD4 more because I like modern military guns more then sci-fi guns

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By BlindEffekt

I play halo more because i don't die in 1-3 shots excluding the sniper or rocket

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By tancred8120

CoD4 more than Halo because it is better in almost all ways, imo. Campaign may be slightly shorter but is far ahead of Halo 3 in quality and the online is amazing. Halo has great online multiplayer too but I prefer CoD4 though. Halo's got Forge though, I'll give them that.

Halo doesn't take too much skill...really, what you're doing most of the time is shoot person while running up to them and then melee...
    natsfan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By natsfan7

I play Halo 3 more cause it is a better game =P......just kidding. But I do like Halo a lot more...I don't know why, I just think it's more fun. I'm not saying COD4 is bad, but it just feels like you standard Military shooter; there are so many brown, "realistic" military shooters, that COD4 just dosen't stand out to me.......anyway, COD4<Battlefield: Bad Company *grabs flame shield*

natsfan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By natsfan7
    "Halo doesn't take too much skill...really, what you're doing most of the time is shoot person while running up to them and then melee..."

As opposed to what? Sneeking around trying not to be seen so you can get this first shot off......the first person to see the other guy almost always wins cause it takes a few shots to drop them. I think both games take alot of skill, which is probaly why I suck so bad at both. Once again, I like COD4, but I do think Halo is better.
    MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MsCortana

As of late, CoD4 has been my game of choice, although, I do pop in halo 3 as well.  I feel that the ranking system rewards you as an individual in CoD4 and it doesn't matter what game variant you play in.   If you kill an opponent, you get points..and personally that appeals to me.  Plus, being of the female persuasion, I receive less inane immature banter in Cod4 lobbies and that is definitely a huge plus for me. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.