Why is Final Fantasy 13 not available to buy on xbox live?

#1 Posted by lun49gameon (90 posts) -

I recently bought an xbox 360 just to play gta 5 on it. I am looking to buy games for my xbox because I come from the world of the PC where I have played my games for the past few years. I have never owned any console of this generation (the wii only but i dont think that counts) so I am trying to get as many games that are console only and that have never come out on pc. I want to try a final fantasy game and went to but it but there is no price for it on the xbox store. Do I have to buy a physical copy instead?

#2 Edited by believer258 (11047 posts) -

If you wanted console exclusives, then why didn't you go with the PS3?

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34615 posts) -

It's multiple discs? Not all games are available to buy on Xbox Live? I'm not completely sure.

#4 Edited by Dvsshark (25 posts) -

I'm not completely sure, but I think MS has a policy about sizes for it's game downloads. Just go with the physical copy, swapping disk is not that big of a deal.

#5 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

for XIII yes you have to buy the physical copy. XIII-2 is a games on demand game, so you can download that if you really wanted to skip the first game.

#6 Posted by IBurningStar (2145 posts) -

This was my exact thought as well.

#7 Posted by lun49gameon (90 posts) -

@iburningstar: I was going to get a ps3 but all my friends are on xbox. I will get an ps4 when it comes out because those same people with the xbox 360 are going to get the ps4 and hopefully with gaikai streaming i will be able to play ps3 games on the ps4.

#8 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

I've noticed that either zero or very few games with multiple disks are on the GoD store.

#9 Edited by Encephalon (1176 posts) -

Not every 360 game is GoD. File size may be a factor.

Also, Square is weird about digital releases.

#10 Posted by jaycrockett (386 posts) -

Games on Demand is rather spotty. It may be as simple as nobody wanted to bother coming up with an all-in one file to download.

You should be able to pick up a physical copy under 20 bucks though. The on demand version would definitely cost more.

#11 Edited by DUUUUUUUUUBSTEP (10 posts) -

@jaycrockett: I agree the pricing on the marketplace has been spotty, but this year they've really gotten competitive with the pricing. I think I've picked 15 titles this year thanks to all the sales they've been having. I just wish they could offer all those multiple disc games and newer games closer to the retail release.

#12 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1357 posts) -

I bought the PS3 version last year for stupidly cheap -- maybe $15. Even if it was on Games on Demand for $20, I suspect it would be more expensive than a new boxed copy from Amazon.

#13 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Cuz hes a man and wanted to play more than just Last of Us

#15 Posted by PandaBear (1264 posts) -

What sort of an answer are a bunch of random dudes on a video game website supposed to give you? It's not on there...

Now, could I use my Giant Bomb Premium Membership powers to pressure Square-Enix into releasing FFXIII on the Xbox Marketplace? Yes I could... but I refuse to abuse this gift we have been given for the low, low price of $49.95 a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.