Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Will the fall update/lips enable iphone/ipod touch use?

TehBonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TehBonerer

after reading into info on lips, it says u can use zunes an ipods, well anyone with the iphone or touch knows that the xbox 360 doesnt read these devices, unless its pictures, so does anyone know if maybe the fall update or lips will allow for these devices to then work for 360?

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Labbo94

Not sure. I have a 16GB Touch and wasn't sure about Lips.... I was on the edge, but if it will not recognize my iPod then I most definitely will not be buying it.

TehBonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TehBonerer

i had the 16g touch too, and currently the xbox 360 doesnt read the device, but lips product description says it will recognize any music device, so hey, whats goin on here?

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By banksrob

there must be an update, may come with the game or in the update

khit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By khit

They haven't said anything about specifically which Ipods will work, so no one knows...

MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAV3R1CK

I sure hope so. Sounds exciting.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MsCortana

I would imagine that compatibility with these devices are pertinent to ensureing sales for this product, therefore, I would assume that yes, these devices will more than likely be compatible with lips.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By tomance

I imagine they would, It would be pretty stupid if they didn't, I wouldn't be able to use it. 

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

It bloody better had do...

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Wolverine

I didn't here anything about the 360 being able to read music off these devices after the fall update. I hope they end up adding that feature though, even though I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch, I would like to know I could get one and it would work with my 360.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Dunno. The xbox reads standard ipods, so I guess they run on similar systems so it shouldn't take much to make them compatible. I'm sure they will do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

TehBonerer said:
    "after reading into info on lips, it says u can use zunes an ipods, well anyone with the iphone or touch knows that the xbox 360 doesnt read these devices, unless its pictures, so does anyone know if maybe the fall update or lips will allow for these devices to then work for 360?
    "
    The real question is who is responsible for the iphone and ipod touch not working with the 360.
    Does Apple not want later iPods to work with a 360 or is it that Microsoft hasn't worked the software to connect later iPods?
    redoschi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By redoschi

Well, Apple has just said that on iphone OS 3.0 they will allow the use of the music database by 3rd party apps, so, most probably Microsoft will release an app that will allow the ipod touch and iphone to connect to Xbox 360 (and Lips) as soon as the 3.0 firmware is released (next summer).

If microsoft doesn't do it, then I believe someone will use the SDK to develop such an app.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

yes i do believe, from what i understand the fault isn't just with microsoft in supporting these products but apple as well, So im sure once the stuff gets out there that microsoft needs then they'll impliment it.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo

We're still talking abouts "Lips" the game here, right? Just double-checking! In that case, don't worry about connecting your MP3 device, it's an absolute gimmick. No lyrics, no music video -- a waste of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.