Worst Purchase

#1 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Well, since everyone is talking about all of the awesome games available on the 360... I was wondering if there were any games you purchased that you regretted. For me, it has to be Viking: battle for asgard.

#2 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

History Channel Civil War

#3 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Probably Fuzion Frenzy 2.

#4 Posted by Bolt (154 posts) -

That earth defense force game.

#5 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

geez you guys reply fast! this site is so active

#6 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

Bomberman Zero didn't even play it

Hour of Victory - too many bugs to count

#7 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

sonic the hedgehog as well. ugh that game just sucks i cant say anything else but its ASSSSSSSSSSSS!

#8 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Oh ya, I forgot that I actually bought Sonic the Hedgehog! That game was horrible xD

#9 Posted by ShogunofHarlem (39 posts) -
Nibbz said:
"History Channel Civil War
"
Me too Dude.  I don't know why i thought it would be good.  I paid full price for it too.
#10 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

all most all my XBLA games

#11 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Wrestlemania for the xbox. That game was very bad...

#12 Posted by Soulless (143 posts) -

Time Shift.  I knew it wasn't good, but I bought it just because I had extra money to spend.

#13 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -
ShogunofHarlem said:
"Nibbz said:
"
Me too Dude.  I don't know why i thought it would be good.  I paid full price for it too."
lol i paid $15. oh and to SDodd, I agree I keep buying XBLA games, and just dont play them. ITS GOT A HOLD ON ME!!!
#14 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -
ShogunofHarlem said:
"Nibbz said:
"
Me too Dude.  I don't know why i thought it would be good.  I paid full price for it too."
lol i paid $15. oh and to SDodd, I agree I keep buying XBLA games, and just dont play them. ITS GOT A HOLD ON ME!!!
#15 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

Probably the Halo Legendary Edition, such a waste and I have no idea why I got it.

#16 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Really? I liked the deal.

#17 Posted by BeeDizz (30 posts) -

Earth Defense Force 2017. I still punch myself in the face occasionally for that one.

#18 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

i just got the reg edition of Halo3. i feel bad for the ppl that got the Legendary edition. Its like $90 now and you can find it everywhere.

#19 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

yeah the halo legendary edition was waaay too expensive, and I reserved it.

#20 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

i only regret one of my game purchases and that is assasins creed.

#21 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -
10MP said:
"i only regret one of my game purchases and that is assasins creed.
"
it was an ok game, but SOOOOOOOO repetitive
#22 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

I don't regret buying Assassins Creed because I got it for like $15. I thought it was a pretty good game too.

#23 Posted by SG_Mahonay (105 posts) -

Forza 2.  Simply because I was terrible at it.  Played it for a grand total of 2 weeks.  60 dollars could of bought me a whole lot of burgers.

Other than that, I don't really have any purchase regrets.  I follow games closely enough that I know what I'm getting into.
#24 Posted by Begemot (108 posts) -

Probably C&C3 or Hellgate.

#25 Posted by Pitta (182 posts) -

I don't regret... I Gamefly....

Cept Hellgate.... I'm a 'Founder'.... Sucks for me huh?

#26 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Lost Cities on XBLA.

#27 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Pocketbike Racer :(

#28 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

The Legendary edition of Halo 3.....

Thankfully I was able to sell the helmet to my friend LOL!

#29 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Tetris Splash, it was an impulse buy. 

#30 Posted by Schadenfreude (206 posts) -

Lost Planet is my most regretted 360 purchase, followed by Guitar Hero 3. I can't seem to sell Lost Planet anywhere for a decent price. =/ For XBLA games, it'd have to be Bomberman Live! The online function did not work particularly well.

#31 Edited by Carlos (504 posts) -

Mario Galaxy... It was so boring I gave it away
oh you said 360 game uhmmm i still go with mario galaxy

#32 Posted by Conflict (76 posts) -

Star Trek Legacy, got it for the achievements and couldn't stay past the tutorial.

#33 Posted by Player1 (3850 posts) -

College Hoops 2k8 was an absolute joke. I could have mistaked it (minus good graphics) for a 2002 game. The gameplay was terrible and all the players look the same. The jerseys aren't even right.

#34 Posted by Thereisnoway (3 posts) -

I pay 20 bucks for Spider-man friend or foe, I traded it in for 22 bucks and I still regret the purchase because I actually finished it. Although if your the type that plays games for gamer score this is an easy 1000 points or at least an easy 925.

#35 Posted by Montauk (19 posts) -

I don't really regret any of my purchases... maybe FarCry. I already had Instincts on Xbox, but if I remember right, it was on sale for the same price as Evolution and I wanted to get that so I thought why not just get the 360 version.

#36 Posted by subrandom (117 posts) -

Neverend - it was purchased as an impulse buy to be a review exercise for really cheap games. However, after five minutes of playing neverend i lost all will to live.

#37 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Command and Conquer 3, no RTS will ever work on a console.

#38 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Kane and lynch was terrible.

#39 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Stranglehold, thankfully I bought it used and was able to return it for a better game.

#40 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

a psp, accessories for it, and 7 games for it -$500
i just kept on buying games thinking that "okay, this is gonna be the one good psp game!" and being sorely diappointed every time.

bioshock - $60
wasnt a bad game, but after playing it once, i never wanna see it again. i should have rented it, i beat it in 3 days anyways.

geometry wars - 400 ms points/$5
i liked the demo but once i bought the full game, i played it once and havent played it since.

coldplay import single - $6
i feel so stupid for this one. i alread had x/y but i went ahead and bought the single cd for one of the songs since it had some b sides.

the wall - $30
imo one of the best albums, but at $30 i feel a little ripped off.

the laptop im using now - $1000
specs: 3.0ghz p4, 480 mb ram, 32 mb integrated intel grpahics 80 gb hard drive.  bought in 2005.

about 1/4 of the books i have - $50
i havent read em yet and dont plan on reading them.

#41 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

Alone in the Dark for sure.

#42 Posted by MmmSkyscraper (312 posts) -
Dj said:
"Tetris Splash, it was an impulse buy. "
I played the demo last weekend, it's terrible.
#43 Posted by Corsaer (66 posts) -

Shadowrun, O how I hate thee.

#44 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

Time Shift, some people may have liked it but i couldn't get past playing it for 5 mintues

#45 Posted by AndrewP (89 posts) -

Guitar Hero Aerosmith. I looked at the achievements and instantly went out and bought it. Wow, was that a bad decision. I had 970 gamerscore in about 4 days and a little sick to my stomach that I paid $2 a song for Aerosmith. I don't really listen to a lot of music and assumed that Aerosmith was good for some reason and I hated every minute of playing that game but I had to play it or else I would have wasted my $60.

I will never again buy a game based on achievements and achievements alone.

#46 Posted by GDub (104 posts) -
Nibbz said:
"10MP said:
"i only regret one of my game purchases and that is assasins creed.
"
it was an ok game, but SOOOOOOOO repetitive
"

Ya i was stoked after the first level and slowly it just got more and more of the same thing over and over agin
#47 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Call of juarraz

#48 Posted by Ryan_ (174 posts) -

i bought Superman Returns the game and i still haven't forgiven myself

#49 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

Fuzion Frenzy 2..

#50 Edited by Jordan (12 posts) -

celebrity deathmatch for the original xbox.  Enchanted Arms for the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.