Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

XBLA Holiday Sales?

lionheart25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By lionheart25

I'm really looking forward to the XBLA sales this Holiday. Specifically I hope games like Fez and Jet Set Radio go on sale, as well as some of their games on demand (like Max Payne 3). What games would you like to see go on sale on XBLA for their Black Friday/Cyber Monday and week long holiday sale?

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rodent

Do you have to be an XBLive GOLD member (Yes Vinny there are core gamers out there that play games almost everyday that don't have a GOLD account...mostly because, IMO, it's a ripoff) in order to take advantage of these sales?

I've noticed in the past that when D/loadable games have gone on sale on XBLive that I couldn't buy them cause I don't have a GOLD account.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Kerned

@Rodent said:

(Yes Vinny there are core gamers out there that play games almost everyday that don't have a GOLD account...mostly because, IMO, it's a ripoff)

I second that.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rodent

Yeah I'm currently listening to the Bombcast where Vinny said that and I was so glad that the rest of the guys kinda corrected him on that.

For me when Halo 2 came out I finished the singleplayer campaign then I got hooked up on Live and played multiplayer for literally months on end...without playing anything else. I kept on buying new titles but everytime I'd sit down to play something it was always Halo 2 online. After a few months of that I kinda sat back and realized Halo 2 multi was all I was playing and I literally had to force myself to stop playing online and start something else.

After my credit card expired and I no longer had a GOLD account I kinda realized that the way I play games was kinda not gelling with having a GOLD account. So pretty much from mid '05 and on I've steered clear of playing online except on the rare occasion where I'd take my PS3 online (cause you know playing PS games online is FREE) and play the odd CoD or Resistance or Battlefield or whatever. PSN gives me all the online multiplayer I want and at no extra cost to me...the way it should be.

That said, I've been watching Halo 4 online multiplayer matches and I really really wanna hop back into that multiplayer space but I do not wanna have to pay a monthly fee to do so.

A_Norman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By A_Norman

To answer the initial question, I'm looking for Mark of the Ninja and maybe Fez

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rodent

Anyone know if you have to be a GOLD member for these deals?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Rodent said:

I'm pretty sure you have to be a gold member in order to get in on the holiday deals.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rodent

Figures...oh well I guess MS doesn't want my $ that badly.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By MetalBaofu

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Rodent said:

I'm pretty sure you have to be a gold member in order to get in on the holiday deals.

You need gold to be able to buy the deal of the week stuff, but I don't think you need it for holiday sales. Earlier this year I dropped XBL gold, and I was still able to buy American Nightmare when it went on sale over Halloween. I can't say for sure if they treat Christmas/Black Friday sales the same or not, though.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MetalBaofu

Major Nelson posted a list of "holiday" sales on XBLA.

@PeasantAbuse: @Rodent: I can also confirm that the sale prices listed are showing up for me, even though I don't have XBL gold anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn those are terrible. I'll get the XP boost for Sleeping Dogs since I have not played it on the 360 yet and I got 140 points I'll never spend.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss

JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Mr_Misery: Yeah...they're not great. Only one I'm considering is Spelunky, but I'll probably end up saving the MS points I have for the ME3 DLC next week.

And, by the way, I think I saw Major Nelson comment and say that he will make a post on Black Friday for Black Friday deals and another post for Cyber Monday. I assume that means new sales that will be available on those days only.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By mcmax3000

@Rodent said:

It varies depending on the sale, but generally for the holiday sales, no you don't.

It's the Deal of the Week sales that you need to be a gold member for.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MetalBaofu

Once again, nothing all that amazing, but here are the Black Friday deals on XBLA. It's odd to me that two of those, Quantum Conundrum and Dungeon Defenders, just also happen to be the two most recent "free" additions for PS+ subscribers. I will say that I liked the Leviathan DLC for ME3, so it's probably worth grabbing it for 5 bucks for anyone that is interested in it.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mcmax3000

@MetalBaofu said:

Once again, nothing all that amazing, but here are the Black Friday deals on XBLA. It's odd to me that two of those, Quantum Conundrum and Dungeon Defenders, just also happen to be the two most recent "free" additions for PS+ subscribers. I will say that I liked the Leviathan DLC for ME3, so it's probably worth grabbing it for 5 bucks for anyone that is interested in it.

I agree about Leviathan. Good DLC.

I might pick up Quantum Conundrum since I have some left over points, and I think it would be a game I would enjoy.

Os_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Os_Money

I got several games including the walking dead series games

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mcmax3000

I grabbed Bully from the end of year sale, but haven't downloaded it yet (stupid bandwidth cap), and of course I grabbed Kinect Party while it was free.

Would've probably picked up Mark of the Ninja as well if I had points when it was on sale, but alas, nothing else from the sale for me. Mostly anything I wanted that was on sale, I already had. Did pick up the new Trials Evolution DLC, and the Crashed Ice Kinect game with my Christmas Microsoft Points though.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Atwa

God fucking damnit.. I missed it, wanted Fez and Dust. 

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By buft

@MetalBaofu said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Rodent said:

You need gold to be able to buy the deal of the week stuff, but I don't think you need it for holiday sales. Earlier this year I dropped XBL gold, and I was still able to buy American Nightmare when it went on sale over Halloween. I can't say for sure if they treat Christmas/Black Friday sales the same or not, though.

if its the same as last year, metalbaofu is correct, i was able to get in on the 12 days sales without gold but DOTW was still unavailable to me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.