Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 DLC license

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By deathbyyeti

My friend wants to purchase some DLC on his Xbox 360 through his girlfriend's account, but then have her recover her account back to her own box. We were wondering if the DLC would still work on his box even though she recovered her account back to her box. Bold means I am pointing out details

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

DLC is tied to accounts and you need to be online to verify it... so I don't think it would work :(

fleethefactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fleethefactory

The DLC is attached to the Gamertag, so in order for it to work she'd have to be logged in.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deathbyyeti

Well another friend of mine had purchased some SSF4 outfits through another account. He managed to be able to use them with that account not being signed in. It didnt work recently but I think he may have deleted everything before that. Not sure. Also why do you mean have to be online to verify it?

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deathbyyeti

stupid new rules

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By OldGuy

DLC is tied to two things: 1) the purchasers account (IOW, the girlfriends) and 2) the console. You can port the licenses from console to console but only once a year.

What this means is that you can play it on the console it was purchased on without the account that purchased it being signed in OR you can play it on any other console if the purchasing account is signed in to it (even if that account is not the one you are playing the game with).

We use this system at home... we buy on my wife's account on my console and then she can download it to her console as well (played thru the Lara Croft game co-op that way... as well as Mad Moxxi <what a slog that was> [I did need to borrow a second copy of the game, but only one copy of the DLC ways aquired] - )...

So, it should work.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deathbyyeti
    @OldGuy: thank you very much for the input
    this is what i believed as well from prior experience
    Richard76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Richard76
    @OldGuy said:
    DLC is tied to two things: 1) the purchasers account (IOW, the girlfriends) and 2) the console. You can port the licenses from console to console but only once a year.

What this means is that you can play it on the console it was purchased on without the account that purchased it being signed in OR you can play it on any other console if the purchasing account is signed in to it (even if that account is not the one you are playing the game with).

We use this system at home... we buy on my wife's account on my console and then she can download it to her console as well (played thru the Lara Croft game co-op that way... as well as Mad Moxxi <what a slog that was> [I did need to borrow a second copy of the game, but only one copy of the DLC ways aquired] - )...

So, it should work.
    That is exactly what we do. All arcade games and DLC work. She buys it on my console then re-downloads on her console. That is another reason I wish they would sell new releases on Games On Demand. It would save us a fortune on multiplayer shooters.
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By OldGuy
    @Richard76 said:
    ...I wish they would sell new releases on Games On Demand. It would save us a fortune on multiplayer shooters.
    Too right on that!

Speaking of GoD... I just saw 50c:BotS has gone up on it... at $60!?(!<!>?) :-O
    cartvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By cartvader

Yes this should work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.