Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 experiences that you can't get on the PC?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By viking_funeral

So I finally got a console, a little gift to myself after moving back to the States. I love my PC, and the rig is a beast, but a number of games that just don't work all that well on PC (or even exist on it) have been calling my name.

*(PC version is utter crap) **(Heard it's coming to PC - so that's probably off the list)

Are there any other games out there that are worth playing on the 360 that just don't run well (or exist) on the PC? I know the PC version of From Dust is utter crap, but is it even worth the cash for the XBLA version? Or what about Castle Crashers? I've heard nothing but good things about that game. I've also had my eye on Vanquish, but... I don't know. Maybe after I burn through some of these other games. Any games that people can recommend that are just plain better on a console are worth mentioning as well. Danke.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Lost Odyssey?

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By GioVANNI

Gears of War and Halo are pretty good bets, unless you're looking for something where you don't shoot things.

Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is pretty damn good too.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Halo

Gears of War

Forza

Castle Crashers is a very fun game, especially if you play with friends in co-op. There are a lot of good XBLA games, but I'm not sure which ones are also on PC.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By viking_funeral

@Video_Game_King said:

Lost Odyssey?

That's the JRPG made by the guy who created Final Fantasy, right? I used to love the SNES Final Fantasies. FF6 is still my 2nd favorite game of all time. Still, I kind of moved past JRPGs. I like the Persona series, and Xenoblade looks promising, but I have no way to play it. Is it good, or just the same old JRPG tropes?

@GioVANNI said:

Gears of War and Halo are pretty good bets, unless you're looking for something where you don't shoot things.

Right. Gears of War. I should get on that. Is it worth starting with the first one, or is it better to skip the 2nd or 3rd?

I played a lot of the first two Halo games in university. I think I'm still burned out on those games.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Animasta

Nier! It is my favorite game of all time, great story great music great characters great everything pretty much (except graphics, but its got a cool art style)

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Paul_Is_Drunk:

It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember it being pretty cool.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust
    • Deadly Premonition
    • Alan Wake American Nightmare
    • Ninja Gaiden Black
    • Catherine
    • Star Wars: Force Unleashed
    • Halo: Fall of Reach
    • Gears of War 2 & 3
    • Castlevania
    • Enslaved
    • Shadow of the Damned
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Beaudacious

@Paul_Is_Drunk: Red Dead is so drawn out that you probably won't finish it, as you say Dark Souls is coming to PC, and will finally play at a decent resolution/fps. L.A Noire is fine on the pc, what’s wrong with it?

The only other game worth any time on that list is Mortal Kombat, and its kind of late to get into Mk 9 now. Everything else on there is boring as can be, well to me anyways. Gears and Halo are mind-bogglingly boring, in all aspects.

I would definitively recommend Nier, Lost Odyssey is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly loooooooooooooooooooooooooong. Get Vanquish, Enslaved, and Bayonetta all great games. Oh maybe some Shadows of the Dammed, followed by the soon to be released Lollipop Chain saw witch can only be fantastic.

Darkness 1 is still great and dirt cheap. Castlevania is a decent grab, followed by Resonance of Fate (JRPG). I heard Infinite Undiscovered is ok, followed by the mediocre FF13 games.

That's all i can think of right now.

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shrinerr

most sports games, save soccer, golf, and basketball.

wrestling games.

skate series, ufc games, boxing (yeah i guess they're sports games but not really)

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kandycane2029

@GioVANNI said:

Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is pretty damn good too.

The first Gears of War had a PC release. It's also probably worth mentioning that the first two Halo games were also released on PC, even though they aren't technically Xbox 360 games.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By viking_funeral

@Jeust: Catherine! I have to get that game. I really wanted to check it out, despite how flawed it looked.

I'm just about to finish the BR ER of Deadly Premonition. Watching episode 38 as I type. Fun to watch, but I'm not sure I can handle that gameplay. Shooting looks awful. Lots of good choices there, though I might skip Force Unleashed, Enslaved, and Castlevania. Didn't Castlevania end up being a mediocre God of War clone?

@Beaudacious: Rockstar isn't known for their PC ports, and I've heard about nothing but problems for L.A. Noire in that regard. People had to talk me out of getting it during a Steam sale 3 times. Mortal Kombat? It's not about the competitive scene for me. I just have an old school love for some MK. I need to drag my 360 into a greasy pizza parlor and pump quarters into it to get the full effect, though.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Jeust

@Paul_Is_Drunk: Catherine is an awesome game in my opinion. Play the demo, and if you like it probably you're going to love the game.

I'm playing Deadly Premonition right now, and I find it very enjoyable, as the game is very funny and has an awesome story and lots of replayability. The shooting is repetitive, but works.

Castlevania is an hack and slash like God Of War, but has a great story, epic even, and the gameplay for what I've seen is fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a765be3dc058
    deactivated-5a765be3dc058

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gunstringer and Splosion Man are pretty fun.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By hmmisee

LA Noire is working very well for me on PC.

MeatBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By MeatBoy

You sould try the demo for Vanquish and see if you like the mechanics. I absolutely love it but understand how some people don't. It's really frantic and unforgiving and the story is kind of silly. When you get a hang of the feel of the game though, it's great.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jonnyboy
    No Caption Provided
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By geirr

I too would add Catherine, Shadows of the Damned and Nier. Three unique games in three different genres!

I have to wonder what you did to From Dust, LA Noire & Assassin's Creed 2 though. They ran like a dream on my PC.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GioVANNI

@Paul_Is_Drunk: You probably could skip the first one and go straight to the 2nd/3rd, but you can buy it pretty cheap on Amazon used, and it's still a game worth playing.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grelik

My personal favourite experience that I can get on my 360 that I can't get on my PC is that oldschool low framerate, blurry textures and a nice, eye straining resolution.

Sometimes you want to go on a nostalgia trip right?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Marz

you can get gears of war 1 and Halo 1 and 2  on the PC.  but yeah the sequels like Gears 2 , 3  and halo 3, odst, reach are something that is not on the PC.

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
    PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That terrible metro design. Oh wait.. damnit =(

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By viking_funeral

@pepsimaxofborg said:

I too would add Catherine, Shadows of the Damned and Nier. Three unique games in three different genres!

I have to wonder what you did to From Dust, LA Noire & Assassin's Creed 2 though. They ran like a dream on my PC.

From Dust & Assassin's Creed are no goes for me as the DRM Ubisoft uses for PC gaming is a sin against gaming. Also, didn't the port of From Dust basically map a mouse and keyboard on top of the XBLA version? As in, the mouse acted like a directional pad instead of a mouse and the frame rate was locked at 30 FPS?

I've explained L.A. Noire already.

@PresidentOfJellybeans said:

That terrible metro design. Oh wait.. damnit =(

I only rarely touched a 360 before, but holy crap the new design is crap. So many useless ads and way too much work to find anything you want. I've learned to use the guide button to get where I need to go.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ptc

Fez. Get Fez.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Lunar_Aura

The vice-versa list is much larger but I like my 360 for the fighting games.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tomkang

laying on a couch infront of a 36"+ tv

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By viking_funeral
    @ptc

Fez. Get Fez.

Oh, yeah. Duh. For some reason I thought this was coming to PC.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Deranged

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

Right. Gears of War. I should get on that. Is it worth starting with the first one, or is it better to skip the 2nd or 3rd?

No, follow the series in order. Personally, the first game is the best for me, but you have to play each one.

Give Castle Crashers a go. It's spectacular fun.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geirr

@Paul_Is_Drunk said:

@pepsimaxofborg said:

From Dust & Assassin's Creed are no goes for me as the DRM Ubisoft uses for PC gaming is a sin against gaming. Also, didn't the port of From Dust basically map a mouse and keyboard on top of the XBLA version? As in, the mouse acted like a directional pad instead of a mouse and the frame rate was locked at 30 FPS?

I've explained L.A. Noire already.

They got some good and deserved bashing for the DRM but the games themselves ran fine. The 30 fps cap is annoying though I'll give you that, and if you don't like the idea of using a 360 controller for some PC games I could see the mouse mapping being annoying too. In LA Noire's case I played through it without a single problem while my friend's ps3 locked up several times during gameplay - so in my case I had the better experience.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing with my real life friends. That's the only reason I really have a 360.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By Dagbiker
    • A 13 year old kid yelling racist remarks over voice chat while your mom/girlfriend is trying to entertain.
    • A girl being verbally gang raped by all the other guys in the group, again over voice chat.
    • Having your Xbox live account hacked along with the $10 in Microsoft points and your credit card.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By spazmaster666

L.A. Noire runs perfectly fine for me with the 60 fps and SLI fixes. As for games you can't get on PC, a lot of JRPGs would go on my list including

• Lost Odyssey
    • Eternal Sonata
    • Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Tales of Vesperia
    • Infinite Undiscovery
    • Resonance of Fate

And of course I would probably put Gears of Wear 2/3 on there as well as Halo 3/Halo Reach along with games like Vanquish or Bayonetta. Basically JRPGs and character action games generally don't come out for the PC (DMC4 was a notable exception).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.