Xbox 360 IR remote Problem

#1 Posted by resifreak (25 posts) -

Hi Fellow Forum Dwellers, i was wondering if anyone know the answer to this question, ive done a quick google but couldn't find anything

The IR panel on my 3 year old 360 is no longer working, i thought it was my Remote, but that works on any other xbox, so i tryed a new remote, same problem, if its busted does anyone know if its a soldering or a ribbon repair,

i know its asking alot really just thought it was worth asking.

and the rest of the 360 works fine, ( sorry about the Grammer ive just finished a 12 hours shift)

#2 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

You could try removing the faceplate and cleaning the plastic in front of the IR sensor. If that doesn't work, you're xbox is fuuuuuuuu

#3 Posted by resifreak (25 posts) -

Ive already tried that, man i guess i could just Ignore the fact it doesnt work :\

#4 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@resifreak: If the remote works with other 360s and not this one, then the problem probably isn't anything that you can fix...and even if you could, you risk bricking your system. Sorry buddah.

We no longer live in an age when you can fix your own computer.

#5 Posted by resifreak (25 posts) -

thats what i thought, but i wonder why all of a sudden its just stopped working, ive never heard of this problem before

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.