Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 lan party setup

ghostmut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ghostmut

Hi guys, just a quick question regarding setting up for an xbox lan party.  Now, i've done it before a few times by using a network hub but i dont have access to it anymore so i was wondering if its possible to connect the xbox's just through mt d-link modem/router? There are 4 ethernet ports on the back.

Thanks for your help!

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ekajarmstro

I have a 4-port d-link router that I have used to LAN xboxes (and PCs, for that matter) -- I can't think of any reason why yours wouldn't work as well.
    ghostmut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ghostmut

thank you!

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Malakhii
    @EkajArmstro said:
    " I have a 4-port d-link router that I have used to LAN xboxes (and PCs, for that matter) -- I can't think of any reason why yours wouldn't work as well. "
    Yeah I've used a D-link router before too, no problems to speak of. You should be LANing it up in no time. 
    Avatar image for justinekelburg2010
    justinekelburg2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can use a eithernet router and have a hosting xbox 360 the best one's to get are d-link cisco and belkin all others sucks if your running comcast or verizon you might have a router built into the modem it self other then that you should be good i been doing this since the first original xbox came out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.