Xbox 720?

• 84 results
#1 Posted by Sabrewolf_2010 (6 posts) -
#2 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

No, because that would be the dumbest name ever.

#3 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

They'd be crazy not to release another console eventually, though I'm pretty sure it's not going to be named the 720. I'm guessing 2010-ish we'll at least see or hear something about it at E3.

#4 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Yeah I doubt it would be called the 720, that'd be silly.  360 is pretty dumb also, I miss they days where they used to be the bit counts, I want my Mario 128!

#5 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

John Carmack  once officially said the word Xbox 720  in E3 2007 . but I doubt it
Xbox 3 , Xbox 2012 , Xbox ultimate , Xbox  X , ........................ there are hundreds of names .

#6 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

I think it'll be called XP.

#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Yeah it will release a new console but I highly doubt 720, although sony has been continuing the playstation name, 2 and 3.

#8 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"Yeah it will release a new console but I highly doubt 720, although sony has been continuing the playstation name, 2 and 3."
Because they would have been stupid to change the "Playstation" brand. Much like I doubt Nintendo will drop the Wii name with their next console.

I dunno what they'll call the XBOX 3 though.
#9 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

there will be another but i doupt it will be 720. also i think we wont see it (or ps4 or nintento w/e system) 2011 is my guess. definatly not next year.

#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14387 posts) -

I'm going to take a wild guess that the next xbox will be called the Xbox 4000.

#11 Posted by MartinB (14 posts) -
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"I think it'll be called XP."
But for the love of god please don't call it vista!
#12 Posted by banned8921 (1246 posts) -

Its going to be called xbox 5!

#13 Posted by Evans (30 posts) -

Who says it has to be under the name Xbox?

#14 Posted by MartinB (14 posts) -
Evans said:
"Who says it has to be under the name Xbox?"
True. You get my + rating
#15 Edited by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

that's not true, that stupidity.  They'd have to be dumber than you to abandon a brand name they've built up over a decade, which I doubt would even be possible without the major loss of some motor control such that they would not be able to type properly.

#16 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Xbox ultimate
Sexbox.

#17 Posted by GioVANNI (1287 posts) -

Xbox 1½

#18 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -
Evans said:
"Who says it has to be under the name Xbox?"
Captain obvious does.
#19 Posted by drwillsmith (7 posts) -

Its gun be called XboxX. derrrr

#20 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Xbox Vista! Oh snap!

#21 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -
systech said:
"Xbox Vista! Oh snap!"

You don't Oh snap! yourself, though it is rather oh snappable
#22 Posted by stucket (238 posts) -
#23 Posted by Davvyk (694 posts) -

sexbox

#24 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

xbox three shitty

#25 Edited by MartinB (14 posts) -
Champy said:
"xbox three shitty"
No no no no no no no no NO!

caption

#26 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
#27 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

XBOX 420 420 420 420 420 420!!!

It's got 4 in the name.

#28 Posted by NateDogg (465 posts) -

Can't think of a future name.. But I don't think a new Xbox will be launched for at least another 3-4 years.

#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

X-Box Evolution!

#30 Posted by JoblessTerence (349 posts) -

Xbox Genesis? Xbox 2600? Super Xbox? X Cube?

I think they'll change the name of their next console. It has to be a cool name though. It can't be lame. That'd be lame.

#31 Posted by Matthew (1912 posts) -

Just like a lot of you have said, it won't come out for at least two years, although I expect to start hearing rumors as early as Q4 2009.  Rumored specs, etc. 

But I personally think they might drop the Xbox tag.  They've been doing a decent job to keep Microsoft tied to the name, much as Sony and Nintendo do to theirs. 
They went with the 360 tag because at the time Wii was still called Revolution, and if they had a 2 after Xbox, it would seem inferior to the triple at the end of the Sony console.

#32 Posted by Kazona (3068 posts) -

I say they call it Exah!Boxah!

#33 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

Xbox Xplode

#34 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

who says they have to even call it Xbox?

i'm actually hoping sony comes up with a new name for their next console. 
kind of like how nintendo does things. and sega did. 
#35 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Xbox XTREME

#36 Posted by bjorno (1416 posts) -

super xbox

#37 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Xbox Forge

#38 Posted by Manachild (512 posts) -

i doubt they would call it the 720, i personally think Playstation 4 sounds weird too i cant explain why but it does.

#39 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Not thinking about it really, just bought a 360 myself. I can imagine them calling it something pretentious though like, Xbox next. Come to think of it, that sounds better in my head than on paper.

#40 Edited by Moz (3 posts) -

Well the next windows is being called WIndows 7 so maybe Xbox 3 or Xbox 7 to match lol

edit:

or if the current trend in consumer electronics continues it'll be the iBox or iXBox

#41 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I think it should be the Xbox Squared or maybe even the Xbox Cubed.

#42 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

When thinking of a name for the next 360, you have to predict just what kind of system it's going to be.  The reason why the Xbox 360 was called the 360 and not the Xbox 2.. was because of the all around capability of the system.  The 360 is centered around XBL and it's way of conecting the user to music, movies, games, friends.. if you want, the 360 is the only system you need in your house.. So calling it the Xbox 360 makes total sense.

We can't predict what the name of the next Xbox is going to be because we have no idea what Microsoft has in mind for the system.  IF you want to try to predict the name, the first thing you have to do is figure out in what direction Microsoft is going with it's new system.

#43 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
TekZero said:
"

When thinking of a name for the next 360, you have to predict just what kind of system it's going to be.  The reason why the Xbox 360 was called the 360 and not the Xbox 2.. was because of the all around capability of the system.  The 360 is centered around XBL and it's way of conecting the user to music, movies, games, friends.. if you want, the 360 is the only system you need in your house.. So calling it the Xbox 360 makes total sense.

We can't predict what the name of the next Xbox is going to be because we have no idea what Microsoft has in mind for the system.  IF you want to try to predict the name, the first thing you have to do is figure out in what direction Microsoft is going with it's new system.

"
Dont forget that the new playstation that was upcoming would have a 3 in its name.
#44 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

^^ Yeah exactly.  Microsoft didn't want an Xbox 2 because of the similarities to the PS 3.  I would think so, I can't really back this up.

#45 Posted by MattyFTM (14387 posts) -
TekZero said:
"^^ Yeah exactly.  Microsoft didn't want an Xbox 2 because of the similarities to the PS 3.  I would think so, I can't really back this up."
Exactly. They wanted a 3 in it because Xbox 2 sounds old and less powerful than Playstation 3, so they wanted a 3 in the name so it sounded similar to PS3. Microsoft execs have openly said this (Although I don't have an exact quote handy).
#46 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"Yeah it will release a new console but I highly doubt 720, although sony has been continuing the playstation name, 2 and 3."
Because they would have been stupid to change the "Playstation" brand. Much like I doubt Nintendo will drop the Wii name with their next console.

I dunno what they'll call the XBOX 3 though."
What reason would Nintendo have for keeping the Wii name for a knew console? The only console that they have had that's kept the same name is the Game Boy. All of their home consoles have had different names. "Nintendo Entertainment System", "Super Nintendo Entertainment System", "Nintendo 64", "Nintendo Gamecube", "Nintendo Wii". I don't see anything there that would suggest keeping the name Wii for their next console... unless they named it "Super Nintendo Wii".
#47 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

"The Microsoft Vagisaurus Cunt-Demolisher 720"

#48 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

XBOX 420 420 420 420 420 smoke w33d 420

#49 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Well it wont be 720 but it is a bit closer that 2012 ;).

#50 Posted by Crypto136 (118 posts) -

I like Xbox Revolution,,,,just kinda catchy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.