Xbox 720 accidentally announced?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by NickNotch (68 posts) -

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118907-Microsoft-Finally-Admits-to-Xbox-720

#2 Posted by Shivoa (625 posts) -

This not-news is infectious. As in I'm starting to feel sick.

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Shivoa: You should consult a doctor.
#4 Posted by LikeaSsur (1513 posts) -

Well, it's still interesting. I hope they change the name, I don't want my Xbox continuously spinning, it would scratch the disc inside.

#5 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -
@NickNotch:  This is going to get locked super fast, add some text dude. 
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@LikeaSsur

Well, it's still interesting. I hope they change the name, I don't want my Xbox continuously spinning, it would scratch the disc inside.

The Xbox spinning creates a strong gravitational pull around the console, so you just put your disc near it and the Xbox detects that the disc is in orbit. So there will be no scratching.
#7 Posted by Brendan (7778 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@LikeaSsur

The Xbox spinning creates a strong gravitational pull around the console, so you just put your disc near it and the Xbox detects that the disc is in orbit. So there will be no scratching.

What about orbital debris?

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Brendan

@CL60 said:

@LikeaSsur

What about orbital debris?

Once the disc reaches orbit, the Xbox 720 console starts a process where it will immediately stop everything and flush out everything except the disc, immediately after this happens a force field is put up around the console to insure your disc is protected from orbital debris. This is cutting edge technology folks.
#9 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

I don't really think it is an accident.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Okay... and?

#11 Posted by ModernAlkemie (363 posts) -

I'm more interested in the story of who thought "Durango" was a good codename for a console?

#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Breaking news: There will be a new Xbox.

#13 Posted by LikeaSsur (1513 posts) -

@CL60: I'm glad Microsoft is putting this technology to use by using it on video game systems.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Breaking news: There will be a new Xbox.

I don't believe you!

#15 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

The Forum FAQ states that any topic " linking to websites, images, videos or other material without any original commentary from the topic creator." is considered spam, and will be locked. Please, when posting a article, give us about 2 paragraphs of original commentary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.