Xbox dilemma

#1 Posted by adoggz (2069 posts) -

So i think my xbox is finally unusable. The only way i can get the disk try out of or into my xbox is to smack the top of it above the disk tray pretty hard and that doesnt seem like a good idea with a hard drive or game in the system. I cant figure out how to fix this and unless anyone here knows then i dunno. Should i just buy a new 360 or wait for the next gen one. The xbox is kind of my main gaming system (shocker right?) but i dont want to spend 3 Benjamin Franklins on something i already bought only to have a new xbox come out in like a year or whenever.

#2 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -
#3 Edited by animathias (1186 posts) -

So the disc tray doesn't want to open or close? I haven't heard of that issue, though it sounds problematic. I'm guessing you have an original 360, so buying the $200 S won't help because your harddrive will be nearly useless. I would seriously suggest looking on eBay or something for a cheap original, or look around for some sort of really good deal on an S with a decent harddrive.

The new Xbox should be out in a year or two, so buying a used one that only lasts a year or two wouldn't be a horrible idea. Though I would be surprised if it came out in holiday 2012, it's in the realm of possibility.

Edit: (Realized I had the wrong price.) EB sells refurb originals for $120. Might be a good idea.

#4 Posted by adoggz (2069 posts) -

@animathias: didnt think of getting a refurb, if they have some sort of warranty then its a great idea.

#5 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Mine sticks some times, so I'm sure it's easy to fix. I've heard of varying levels of this problem, I think it's likely just catching on something or the motor is going bad or something. Also, 100 bucks will get it fixed through MS, 0 bucks if under warentee

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.