Xbox Live Arcade Awards 2008 Results

#1 Posted by Miniman (59 posts) -

The winners of the 2008 Xbox Live Arcade Awards were announced, apparently around 185,000 Xbox Live members voted. Here are the winners:

"Game of the Year :

Castle Crashers

Best Versus Mode:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Best Single Player Game :

Portal: Still Alive

Best Remake:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

Best Original Game:

Castle Crashers

Best Innovation:

Braid

Best Graphics:

Super Street Fight II Turbo HD Remix

Best Family Game:

A Kingdom for Keflings

Best Co-op Mode:

Castle Crashers"

Castle Crashers, in my view, deservedly won Game of the Year and Best Co-Op game. What are your thoughts?
#2 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I voted for Braid on, like, everything. I am bit disappointed to see it only won one award. I think a game of that type wouldn't really coincide with the general Xbox Live populace anyway, so many probably didn't even play it. Still, Castle Crashers is a fine game; I have nothing against it.

#3 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

I thought Braid and Schizoid were underrated by these awards.

#4 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

I personally think Braid should have won XBLA game of the year. Also I don't think it is right for Portal to win an award because it really came out in 2007.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"I personally think Braid should have won XBLA game of the year. Also I don't think it is right for Portal to win an award because it really came out in 2007."
But it wasn't eligible in 2007 because it wasn't on XBLA. If it already had a change at winning the award in 2007 I'd agree, but it didn't.
#6 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Shame to see no love for Bionic Commando: Rearmed or N+ 2 of my favorites

#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
Daz0608 said:
"Shame to see no love for Bionic Commando: Rearmed or N+ 2 of my favorites"
Yea BC Rearmed was so underrated.  Because of noob gamers who wanted a jump button.  Stupid fucking Eurogamer even complained about that.
#8 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

I have one question, where the fuck is my Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2. I have spent at least a hundred hours in that game. Castle Crashers is great and all, but Geometry Wars, Braid, and Street Fighter should have gotten all of those awards.

#9 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -
Diamond said:
"Daz0608 said:
"Shame to see no love for Bionic Commando: Rearmed or N+ 2 of my favorites"
Yea BC Rearmed was so underrated.  Because of noob gamers who wanted a jump button.  Stupid fucking Eurogamer even complained about that."
I know, it annoys me when people complain about that.

Gearhead said:
"I have one question, where the fuck is my Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2. I have spent at least a hundred hours in that game. "
So true, it was probably my most played XBLA game this year
#10 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

I prefer the Inside Xbox UK Awards

#11 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I would not vote Castle Crashers XBLA game of the year. The game was broken and it took them six months or more to fix it (I think). I would have picked Braid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.