Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox Live Arcade list load times

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

OK somethings been really bugging me lately, I've had my 360 since launch and I've bought about 20 arcade games in that time, played over 100 games and my download history is over 600 items. For some reason my hard drive really takes its damn time loading my Games Library.  Id I want to play Puzzle Quest of the Too Human demo it can take upto a minute to load up the icons. 

My brother has got a brand new elite and he straight away downloaded about 70 arcade games, the list loads instantly.  If we swap hard drives we get exactly the same situation my arcade games take age, his take seconds.

Just wondering if you guys get this problem too and if you have any ways to fix it. I tried clearing the 360 cache and deleting loads of old files I don't use, still have the problem.

I was thinking that it might have something to do with the size of my gamertag, mine is over 14Mb, my brothers is 3Mb.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Delete all the shitty demos you don't need. I have know Idea what you mean by gamertag, the amount of letters in it doesn't slow down the entire console.

Patience is a virtue.
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BlindEffekt

Mine does this alot too, it really bugs me when friends come over with there 360's.
    I would also like some help with this.

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Aaron89

Mine does it too -- and there's only about 20 items in the Arcade/Demo section (entire Game Library). Usually takes about 7-10 seconds each time to load up the list. Apparently, the only thing you can do is just wait for it to load. I bet the huge Fall Update will address this issue.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

I have 40 or so arcade games and no demos, it still loads slow. It's just the entire interface mainframe. It does it on the marketplace, and it does it at almost every screen. When the Fall update comes out, hopefully they'll fix it with the new interface.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I get what your saying but it seems strange that my brother has more than 6 times more stuff on his xbox than I do but mine still loads slower.  I don't suppose theres a way to fix it but its kinda sucky

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shadowjak

Mine lags a bit when moving sections, but it doesn't take awhile. Delete some of the arcade games is my suggestion, you can redownload them if you want to later for free.

UrbanGuerilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By UrbanGuerilla

This happens to me when I try and change my gamer pic. It takes ages to load em all.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MsCortana

Mine loads instantly, however, I deleted all demos from my library months ago.

ElStevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ElStevo

Mine takes an age to load up as well, but the worst thing is that it does it every single time you look at the list. If it only took an age once per session that would be fine but when I quit one game to play another it takes an age to populate the list again. So lame.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By LightYagami245

Just clear out some of the memory, and you should be fine.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolverine

Maybe if you go and buy a 120gb hdd the games will load faster.

ElStevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ElStevo

I wonder if it takes so long to show the list because I downloaded the titles on a different Xbox and it's checking to make sure I have the lisences to play the games. That's possible.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its not surpising the games are all talking to xbox live and geting current stats..ect and with so many alot of games are contacting xbox live for updates.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

No my hard drive is nearly empty, I have something like 20 arcade games, 1 demo and a couple of pieces of dlc, I even deleted about 50 picture packs and themes that I'll never use.  What makes this really really annoying is that if you load up the list and then press B you have to reload the list, it completely forgets what its just done.  I just annoys me that with about 8 gigs free on my hard drive and a pretty hefty chunk of RAM in the 360 it can't load less than 20 arcade games and then remember it for 10 seconds.

To top it all off I'm still on my first Xbox 360 so I doubt it even connects to LIVE to check the licenses. Sigh, its silly but I guess I'll just have to live with it

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By tomance

I have under 25 games and it still loads very slow.  I have a feeling it's a software thing, I hope the new Dashboard fixes this problem. 

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Riddler

Wait for the FALL Update, thats why the new dashboard is coming

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

yea, that's slow.  I usually have about 8 items there (i have like 5 free games and 3ish demos)
    The fall update is suppose to address the speed of the dashboard.  I'd assume this is more so talking about when you look at the gameslibrary list, your achievement list, and when it initially starts.

Bloodbath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bloodbath

Yeah...it takes a long time to load my list to get to my most recent downloads. When I want to delete a demo or something it takes about a a minute to load.

Bullwinkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bullwinkle

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?  I've been dealing with it myself for a long time, and it's becoming quite an issue.  It keeps me from wanting to play demos and XBLA games.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By KarlPilkington
    @Bullwinkle said:
    "

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?  I've been dealing with it myself for a long time, and it's becoming quite an issue.  It keeps me from wanting to play demos and XBLA games.

"
    Well this thread is nearly 3 years old, so maybe not?
    WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I used to have problems with my loading time.

I deleted all the uneeded shit on my hardrive and its fine now, Ive got a rubbish hardrive aswell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.