Xbox live disconnects all the time

#1 Posted by Kralle (97 posts) -

I got a problem with xbox live at the time. It disconnects every 5-10 mins, its fucking annoying and i have no idea what to do.

I ran the xbox live test, but everything was fine.

Halp please!
#2 Posted by MB (11296 posts) -

It's most likely NOT Xbox Live, but your connection or your networking hardware.

#3 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Has to be on your end, since I have had my 360 (and Live), running for about 1-2 hours now.

#4 Posted by Kralle (97 posts) -

Any ideas what to do? When i do the xbox live test i get no complains. I've forwarded some ports and enabled uPnP.

#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

Well, your connection could just be very shaky. That happened to mine once. Maybe you want to reposition your wireless adapter or make sure there is no interference with other objects (microwaves, computers, etc.).

#6 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Could be NAT problem. Used to happen to me a lot. Random disconnections. You can try unplugging the Modem, checking IP for xbox and port forwarding the (UDP to 88) or TCP/UDP to 3074. That fixed it for me.

#7 Posted by Kralle (97 posts) -

I've unplugged the modem, i have forwarded the ports and im using a wired connecting.

Still dont know what to do.
#8 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

Do you have Comcast?

#9 Posted by Kralle (97 posts) -

I've no idea what that is. I live in europe...

#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

Oh shit. My Live just isn't connecting. Probably unrelated, considering my whole house isn't working. Funny coincidence though.

#11 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Could be the router.

I was constantly getting disconnected, which got really annoying during those games that boot you back to the main menu on disconnect (PGR4 mostly) and I'd drop from multiplayer matches all the time too.

Turned out my router was a lemon and kept overheating, where the whole thing would just reset itself in an attempt to correct it. It never affected my general web browsing or playing games on the PC, but Live seems to be pickier about that sort of thing and wouldn't handle the occasional three or four second hiccup.

#12 Posted by psmgamer (112 posts) -

Could be your connection and not Xbox Live.

#13 Posted by ShiroMe (130 posts) -

Get a PS3. The PS3 has perfect service all the time, even during the hollidays. The people on PS3 are much nicer and more intelligent too.

#14 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
ShiroMe said:
"

Get a PS3. The PS3 has perfect service all the time, even during the hollidays. The people on PS3 are much nicer and more intelligent too.

"
who linked to giantbomb on system wars??? own up because some of them are seeping in

Unrelated weird thing: i was playing halo and get the "disconnected from xbox live" blurb but despit that i was still playing online a good 5-10 minutes. It baffles me to this very day

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.