Xbox Live Fall Update Beta now accepting sign ups

#1 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -

https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

You don't need your console id information right now (you will need it if you get in). In the beta you have the new Metro UI with Kinect functionality, Cloud Storage, Beacons and Facebook sharing. As the beta goes on they may implement the other stuff. Also you are able to use party chat.

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -

I signed up for this. It's not that I use my Xbox a lot, but I surely want to try this new interface.

#3 Posted by Zyte (178 posts) -

CLOUD STORAGE WITH BACON!?

Oh.

#4 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -

Hm. Keep getting an error, and can't find a way to sign up.

#5 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

@Knetic2341 said:

Same here

#6 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@TheVeteran13 said:

@Knetic2341 said:

Same here

Try now, apparently something fixed, I just got through.

#7 Posted by GirlsGeneration (153 posts) -

I signed up = )

#8 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

@Hulsey90: It says I need to fill out a survey but it doesn't link me to it or tell me how to get to it

#9 Posted by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -
#10 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -
#11 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

@Knetic2341: @Hulsey90: Thanks for the links, I got in

#12 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@TheVeteran13: Awesome

#13 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Cool thanks folks, got it. Thanks for posting this thread!

#14 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up! Signed and ready.

#15 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

They've updated the page. If you signed up and you're in you should be able to see it on the connect site now. They're not asking for your console information yet, which is probably why they haven't sent out notifications. There's nothing to do yet, I just thought some people might like a heads up to check if they're in.

#16 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

I'm too late, darn it.

#17 Posted by kmg90 (419 posts) -

@louiedog said:

They've updated the page. If you signed up and you're in you should be able to see it on the connect site now. They're not asking for your console information yet, which is probably why they haven't sent out notifications. There's nothing to do yet, I just thought some people might like a heads up to check if they're in.

Yep yep,

I am happy to say I am in the beta, and can't wait to see the changes/improvements. Remember to all in the beta program you are allowed to say you are in the beta but you are not allowed to talk about any material related beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.