Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox Live Headset broken (Warranty claim)?

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bandresen

Hello everyone,

relatively recent I bought a xbox 360 and tried to use my headset for the first time over several hours...

And the person I was in a party-chat with told me again and again that either the start of the sentence or the end of the sentence got cut off.

I understood him very clear, and he had one of the old xbox headsets that is connected at the top and not at the bottom as mine is.

So basically the problem I'm having is that the microphone sensitivity is too low. If I start a sentence by saying "START" very loudly I can speak normally and it works... But if I just speak into it, it doesn't pick it up most of the time.

If I record a message it seems like the microphone goes into recording mode and I can speak very quiet and it will still record it... But not in normal party chat mode.

My question is: Is this a problem I should fix by using my warranty or is the new xbox live headset just bad? Because if you play with a friend for 4 hours, you get pretty tired of starting every sentence with "Start!"... Also I don't think that it's very good for my mental wiring. :-P

Avatar image for thesixthhorseman
    TheSixthHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheSixthHorseman

It's a problem with party chat, not necessarily your microphone. It happens off and on to pretty much everybody and I believe it's an issue with peoples connections.

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bandresen

Interesting. Now that you say it, when I tried to host the party chat it didn't work...

But I updated my router to include all that fancy support that Xbox Live requires. (The test tells me I have the best out of 3 NAT setup.)

I guess I need to test a bit more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.