Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

XBox - Shutdown Pattern

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sprizmo

My XBoX had shut down multiple times during a particular part of a particular mission on Prototype, and at first I thought maybe it was reacting to a defect on the disc so installed the game, but it still does it. Same time and place. Its a very hectic sequence and its possible its overheating while processing events, but regardless, I'm getting 2 red lights. When I touch my baby after it shuts down it doesn't feel any hotter than usual. I was wondering how the heck I can deal with this.

(Its also kind of suspicious that my XboX start doing this a week after my one year warranty expired. The one I paid $100 for to get this fixed after suffering the RRoD. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to place timed mechanisms in the console to fuck everything up at a very convinient time for them to make more money.)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Sprizmo said:
    " My XBoX had shut down multiple times during a particular part of a particular mission on Prototype, and at first I thought maybe it was reacting to a defect on the disc so installed the game, but it still does it. Same time and place. Its a particularly hectic sequence and its possible its overheating while processing events, but regardless, I'm getting 2 red lights. When I touch my baby after it shuts down it doesn't feel any hotter than usual. I was wondering how the heck I can deal with this.(Its also kind of suspicious that my XboX start doing this a week after my one year warranty expired. The one I paid $100 for to get this fixed after suffering the RRoD. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to place timed mechanisms in the console to fuck everything up at a very convinient time for them to make more money.) "
    you paid 100 dollars to get rrod fixed a year ago? when rrod was still free...
    Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sprizmo
    @WilliamRLBaker: It was a used console. Older than the covered models.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

Fail

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sprizmo
    @natetodamax: Uhuh... exactly how did I fail oh grand judge of all things?
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Pazy

It could totally be the year thing, mine first one died one day before the warrenty expired (thank goodness it was a day late) but the (brand new, sealed etc.) replacement died 3 months later. The replacement for that has already shown a red ring though it has recovered. 

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine

That is strange, you should call up Microsoft Customer Support. The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sprizmo
    @Wolverine: Already did, and I was directed to an Indian girl who was less helpful than any given game forum. Basically I was told to let it cool for several hours  which I did, same problem occurred. It doesn't happen when I play other games, just prototype, It did shut down once while playing red faction but that was after 4 -5 hours of playing. I feel like I would be better off getting a used unit via ebay than trust Microsoft to fix it.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FCKSNAP

You can get a replacement for $50 through amazon if you act quick (do this by tomorrow basically). Just get together a bunch of games you don't want anymore. For me it was 10 of my DS and PS2 games that I will never ever play again. Great deal if you ask me.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sprizmo
    @Snapstacle: Where do I find that on Amazon, you got a link?
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @Sprizmo: Here it is. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84504891_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000384631&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0FM4NW19K9065F4NCC9C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=479311011&pf_rd_i=468642

You gotta live in the US (I think?). Trade in $75 worth of games (any games that show up in their trade-in database) get an extra $75 towards any console (as sold by Amazon). Gotta do this by tomorrow though. And you have to ship your games by next Saturday.

So basically 75+75=150. Which means an arcade unit is 50 bones.

Also you have until August 31st to use the coupon they give you to buy the console.
    Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Drrizzit
    @Sprizmo said:@Sprizmo said:
    (Its also kind of suspicious that my XboX start doing this a week after my one year warranty expired. The one I paid $100 for to get this fixed after suffering the RRoD. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to place timed mechanisms in the console to fuck everything up at a very convinient time for them to make more money.) "

Dude i hear you, mine broke a few months after the warranty went out. Don't bother calling its a bunch of indian people that don't know much. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @Sprizmo said:
    " My XBoX had shut down multiple times during a particular part of a particular mission on Prototype, and at first I thought maybe it was reacting to a defect on the disc so installed the game, but it still does it. Same time and place. Its a particularly hectic sequence and its possible its overheating while processing events, but regardless, I'm getting 2 red lights. When I touch my baby after it shuts down it doesn't feel any hotter than usual. I was wondering how the heck I can deal with this.(Its also kind of suspicious that my XboX start doing this a week after my one year warranty expired. The one I paid $100 for to get this fixed after suffering the RRoD. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to place timed mechanisms in the console to fuck everything up at a very convinient time for them to make more money.) "
    you paid 100 dollars to get rrod fixed a year ago? when rrod was still free... "
    RROD is still free, they sent me a new 360 after my launch model RRODed like 2 weeks ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.