Xbox warranty Question...

#1 Posted by AlphaJC (7 posts) -

Hello There GiantBomb community, I wanted to ask a question. Last year (2010) my Xbox 360 standard warranty expired, and recently these past couple of months my Xbox 360 has been making some funky noises, it sounds like it may be running harder than its supposed to (sounds like a Jet enine). I always install my games so to not put too much wear and tear on the disc drive and try to keep it cool, but I fear that accmulated dust might be the problem. I wanted to get inside and clean the thing out since blowing a can of air through the vents only serve to make the problem worse. So basically my question is if my Xbox 360 is out of standard warranty is it still covered by RROD and E74 problems, or has that all been changed recently, because if I can still send this thing in to get fixed when it conks out I don't want to open it. Please let me know, or post a link to any details. If I won't be covered for RROD or E74 then I will go ahead and clean this bitch out myself, but let me know guys before I do it. Thanks everyone!!

#2 Posted by AlphaJC (7 posts) -

Does no one have any insight?

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Ask Microsoft customer service.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.