Just bought Crysis... Download won't go past 95%

#1 Edited by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

Hey,

So I bought Crysis and it is stuck at 95%...

I have just had a few games of Fifa, and can still browse the marketplace, but it will not budge past 95%!

Is anyone else having problems with Crysis or the marketplace?

Cheers.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after a while the download stops and it says "Can't Download Crysis"

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

I've never had any problems downloading it from Steam. Maybe you should cancel the download, reset your router, and try again? Only thing I can really think of.

#3 Posted by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I've never had any problems downloading it from Steam. Maybe you should cancel the download, reset your router, and try again? Only thing I can really think of.

Hey,

Thanks for the message, but I am on the xbox currently. I shall however try your steps.

#4 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

I assume since this is on the xbox 360 forums you mean downloading it from the xbox (just pointing it out as I expect quite a few people still only think of Crysis as a PC-only title).

As for help, all I can really say is to try and re-download it or contact xbox support. Also make sure your internet isn't cutting out (if you have a PS3, then that for instance can mess with it).

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@AlexW00d said:

Hey,

Thanks for the message, but I am on the xbox currently. I shall however try your steps.

I guessed that much, but I don't know how the XBLM works so I just guessed that those would be universal enough steps to work. If they don't, write out a condescending letter to MS and email it to them along with a picture of you frowning at them every day until it does work. That should get you somewhere... Right?

#6 Posted by believer258 (11906 posts) -

Turn off your Xbox and restart it, and don't play online while downloading. If that doesn't work, then you may have to delete it and then completely restart the download. Which sucks, I know, but sometimes shit happens.

#7 Edited by efman (212 posts) -

Maybe it just glitched out in the process? These things happen. Run an Xbox Live Connection Test (in Network settings) and make sure you're results are ideal. Look through your Games folder, making sure there isn't anything having to do with Crysis (if there is, wipe it out). Often files don't get stored in case of the halting of a download session or network disruption. Now just redownload the game and hope for the best. Report back to us-- hope you sort it out.

#8 Posted by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

Deleted the file and started the download at 0 again.

If this doesn't work then I'll call the support team.

Thanks for your help.

#9 Posted by NTM (7379 posts) -

All I can say is that I'm happy you're going to play Crysis, or whenever you get the chance. I'm not sure if you've played the PC version before or not, but what I can say is that while it's not as good as the PC version; the console version is still superb. It has a few annoying bugs here and there, not as many, and different than what's seen on PC (which is the only fault to the PC versions visuals), but they're there. An entire section is taken out from near the end of the game where you get to fly a VTOL, which I personally think was a mistake; others may disagree. Then when talking about visuals overall, they're very, very good, but there's some pop-in, weird human A.I. animations and reactions from time to time, and the shadows have a somewhat weird jittery effect. No matter, I think you'll enjoy this game. Have fun! Oh, and as for the problem, I can't really help. I think it's just something that'll eventually work.

#10 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@NTM: So I got Crysis when it came out on PSN and played it through and really enjoyed it. More so then the second one. The thing is I recently built a gaming PC and I was wondering if it's worth buying it again just for that VTOL section?

#11 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@NTM: So I got Crysis when it came out on PSN and played it through and really enjoyed it. More so then the second one. The thing is I recently built a gaming PC and I was wondering if it's worth buying it again just for that VTOL section?

Play Crysis Warhead instead.

#12 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

@mordukai said:

You can usually find it on sales for $5 on steam and other place every now and then, may be worth picking back up if you enjoyed the console version enough.

#13 Edited by NTM (7379 posts) -

@mordukai: As the other said, you should play Warhead, but I wouldn't say instead of. I think if your PC's capable of playing Crysis, no matter what, even if you have played it already another way, it's worth the money. If you just want to do it for the VTOL, asking me may not be the best way to go about it. I, and a few others really didn't mind the VTOL section from what I gather, but a lot of people really didn't like that section. I believe it's because they couldn't get the handle of the controls down well, and there's a small tornado section which a lot of people found hard to avoid for some reason. I'll say this though, I do believe that (if your PC can handle it) no matter what, you need to buy Crysis on PC. It's a must have, for more reasons than one. The first time I played Crysis on PC, I went through it without a steady frame-rate, and on the lowest graphical settings, and I loved it, but once you can have the best visuals (or even just high settings); it's even more of a treat. So yes, buy it. I feel like I repeated myself more than once, but I can't recommend it enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.