Best Xbox Indie Games

#1 Posted by StarFoxA (5143 posts) -

So I've been getting into XBLIG recently, downloading a ton of games and trials of others. I have around 30 games right now, but I'd love to get more. What are your favorites?

My favorites:

Arkedo Series - 01 JUMP! (240)
Arkedo Series - 02 SWAP! (240)
Arkedo Series - 03 PIXEL! (240)
radiangames Inferno (80)
radiangames JoyJoy (80)
radiangames Crossfire (240)
Protect Me Knight (240)
Aesop's Garden (240)
Groov (80)
Star Crisis (80)
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (80)
Shoot 1UP (80)
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess (240)
Platformance: Castle Pain (80)
Decimation X (80)
I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES!!!1 (80)
Solar (80)
Miner Dig Deep (I believe it's only 80 now, but it could be 240)
Soulcaster (240)

#2 Posted by Constable_Wiggum (103 posts) -

Huge fan of Zombie Estate.  Static environment, but ever changing waves of enemies and multiple weapon upgrades + a retro zelda / 3D Dot Heroes look = Winner!

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I think I'm the only person in the entire world that thinks In the Pit is a cool game. 

I mean it is corny as hell, but it is a fun game.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12422 posts) -
@rsansome said:
" Huge fan of Zombie Estate.  Static environment, but ever changing waves of enemies and multiple weapon upgrades + a retro zelda / 3D Dot Heroes look = Winner! "
question: does zombie estate have a never ending swarm of zombies? that's all i want 
#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5143 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" I think I'm the only person in the entire world that thinks In the Pit is a cool game.  I mean it is corny as hell, but it is a fun game. "
I saw it was five dollars and... eeeeeh... I could spend five dollars in a much better way; FIVE GREAT ONE DOLLAR INDIE GAMES
#6 Posted by 9cupsoftea (652 posts) -

you forgot 

flotilla  
leave home 
light's end 

#7 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

i don't know any of these. Write-up something for the Luchazine. ;)

#8 Posted by StarFoxA (5143 posts) -
@9cupsoftea said:
" you forgot  flotilla  leave home light's end  "
I like Leave Home too, but not as much as the others I listed. Haven't tried Flotilla or Light's End yet, I might check them out.
#9 Posted by StarFoxA (5143 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" i don't know any of these. Write-up something for the Luchazine. ;) "
Most definitely. ;)
#10 Posted by Constable_Wiggum (103 posts) -
@AjayRaz:   They come in waves and you get a small cool down period to buy pretty wicked weapon upgrades, but yes, I played for a heckuva long time and there wasn't much slow down in terms of action.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.