First the PSN, now XBL?

#1 Edited by MythDarK (558 posts) -

During the past week we've been informed that Playstation Network was attacked by hackers. Of course these news made me start thinking that XBox Live may be targeted next.
Today when I tried to login to XBox Live via the browser, this message was displayed:

XBox Live hacked?
So what do you think about this?

Also:
I've not tried to login through the console yet, so this may just be a problem with the web page itself, or some software failure at my end.
Anyone else stumbled across this error message or had any problems connecting to to service, either through the browser or the console?
#2 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

That just means that Microsoft needs to replace their security certificate.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MythDarK said:
" During the past week we've been informed that Playstation Network was attacked by hackers. Of course these news made me start thinking that XBox Live may be targeted next.
Today when I tried to login to XBox Live via the browser, this message was displayed:

XBox Live hacked?
So what do you think about this? Also:I've not tried to login through the console yet, so this may just be a problem with the web page itself, or some software failure at my end. Anyone else stumbled across this error message or had any problems connecting to to service, either through the browser or the console? "
Which browser? 

Also this happens once and a wile in chrome. I think its just the browser miss reading somthing 
#4 Edited by melcene (3034 posts) -

Hmm same thing with Chrome.  At the moment, it just means that the security certificate expired.

After double checking the certificate, it IS expired:

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:34:31 AM was when the certificate was originally obtained.

@The_Laughing_Man:
And this isn't just the browser misreading something.  My browser plainly shows that to log in, it's normally an HTTPS login, but since the certificate is no longer valid, it's no longer officially an HTTPS login.
#5 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

People are goin after Sony cos they arrested a guy.

Microsoft hasn't done nothin, so don't worry about it.

#6 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

Weird, same thing through F.Fox. Sure its nothing tho.

#7 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

No problems over here. I'm signed into my account and site's working.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@I_smell said:
" People are goin after Sony cos they arrested a guy.Microsoft hasn't done nothin, so don't worry about it. "
Who did sony arrest? 

#9 Posted by TorMasturba (1089 posts) -

Definitely a certificate issue, I've just tried to log on myself to help answer your problem and it's saying: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate."

So don't worry about it and maybe go back in day or so. :-)

#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Microsoft just need to update their security certificate.

#11 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

I don't understand how I can log in but others can't?

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @I_smell said:
" People are goin after Sony cos they arrested a guy.Microsoft hasn't done nothin, so don't worry about it. "
Who did sony arrest? 

"
I think he's referring to George Hotz... even though Sony aren't part of the government and can't arrest anyone, and George wasn't arrested, he was sued... and his sentence is barely readable and full of double negatives- so just don't worry about it.
#13 Posted by MythDarK (558 posts) -

Thanks for all the fast and informative answers. Everything seems to be fine now. =)
But it's for sure understandable to worry, especially in times like these. :/

#14 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @I_smell said:
Who did sony arrest? 

"
I think he's referring to George Hotz... even though Sony aren't part of the government and can't arrest anyone, and George wasn't arrested, he was sued... and his sentence is barely readable and full of double negatives- so just don't worry about it. "
Ya I was gonna say. He more or less was told" be good and dont try to hack again OR you will be arrested. 
#15 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
You know what I mean!
#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@I_smell said:
" You know what I mean! "
He was not arrested. And a settlement was reached. Its a massive difference. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.