Hey heads up guys get 12-months of LIVE for $35

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (14510 posts) -
#2 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Is it still worth it despite all the adds, i would use my xbox mainly for the social features and netflix and no multiplayer besides a couple games.

#3 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

So you would use it exactly like everyone else?

#4 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

So you would use it exactly like everyone else?

Well the games wouldnt be like modern warefare 2 or anything, just some kinect games and future max payne 3, I would also use a bunch of the apps but not a lot of voice chat, paying 35 dollars still seems steep.

#5 Posted by Zidd (1836 posts) -

I have so many spare years of xbox live hoarded from these sales that it won't let me redeem codes for any more time.

#6 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

@Brunchies said:

Is it still worth it despite all the adds, i would use my xbox mainly for the social features and netflix and no multiplayer besides a couple games.

EEeehhhh... not really. I would highly suggest buying a streaming device, like the Roku if you just want social features. If you play a lot of multiplayer games, then sure. It's probably worth it.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11554 posts) -

@Brunchies said:

If you aren't playing multiplayer games then no. There are far better avenues for the social functions.

#8 Posted by StrainedEyes (1319 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Brunchies said:

If you aren't playing multiplayer games then no. There are far better avenues for the social functions.

If it's his only way to watch Netflix on his TV, then it's definitely worth it.

#9 Edited by believer258 (11554 posts) -

@StrainedEyes said:

@believer258 said:

@Brunchies said:

If it's his only way to watch Netflix on his TV, then it's definitely worth it.

You have to have a paid-for Netflix account to watch Netflix movies on your Xbox.

Or at least, that's how it was when I did it a year ago. If that's not how it still is, then it's cheaper to watch it on your computer anyway.

#10 Posted by Doctorchimp (4067 posts) -

Eh, at this point I'm really rolling the dice on getting another year of LIVE. I bought the year for 35 like 4 months ago and I'm kind of regretting it.

#11 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5369 posts) -

@Demoskinos: Got it. Thanks for posting!

#12 Posted by h83r (468 posts) -

Nice deal. I personally have been paying $25 for the past two years. 3 of my friends and I have been going in on the Family Pack, and it's been great. Year's worth of Live for half the price is too good.

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

It's $40 at best buy right now too.

#14 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

I would buy, but deals have been showing up on my dashboard for $1 for 1 month every time I roll back to Silver. Can't help but think that it's because I was in Silver for a good 7 months since Battlefield 3 and Skyrim came out.

#15 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@innacces14 said:

I would buy, but deals have been showing up on my dashboard for $1 for 1 month every time I roll back to Silver. Can't help but think that it's because I was in Silver for a good 7 months since Battlefield 3 and Skyrim came out.

I have been paying 1$ a month for XBL for almost a year using those ads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.