Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

I am a retarded Live noob, need help!

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Stang

I have had the 360 since launch, and always used the profile Stang. Well, yesterday I finally got live, and created the lame ass GT Teh Stang. I am completely lost, how can I transfer all the shit I did on Stang to Teh Stang? For instance, I played SF IV today. On Stang, everything is unlocked....on Teh Stang I have 0 extra charactors unlocked....of course no achievements, etc. Is there anything I can do so Teh Stang represents the progress I have made on the profile I have had for a long ass time, or do I have to do everything all fucking over?

I am truly lost here. Sorry for being a retarded douche guys.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I'm pretty sure you were supposed to link your original profile to live, not make a new one with live....>_>

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stang

See i am retarded. Well, Stang was already taken. Obviously Teh Stang is mine.....would it work if I deleted the GT I just made, renamed the profile Stang to Teh Stang, and then link it? I am currently using the 30 day free trial, I have my 12 month card that i will use once the trial is over. Should I let the trial run out and then try it, do it now? Does it matter?

My appologies for dropping the cumulative iq of GB 15 points.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CowMuffins

You need to go onto your "Stang" profile and say "Join XBL" then type in your 12 month card. It will probably say "Stang" is taken, choose a different name. Then you can have a different name with all your stuff that Stang had. Had you ever connected to live when you made your Stang GT? Is it silver?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Just do as Cow said it should work.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stang
    @CowMuffins said:
    " You need to go onto your "Stang" profile and say "Join XBL" then type in your 12 month card. It will probably say "Stang" is taken, choose a different name. Then you can have a different name with all your stuff that Stang had. Had you ever connected to live when you made your Stang GT? Is it silver? "
    Thank you for that post. Yesterday was the first time since I have owned a 360 (just got ANOTHER xbox yesterday) that I tried Live, and I immediately tried out the 30 day free gold trial. So I am on trial with a year subscription waiting to be used. I was just going through the motions....it asked me for name, email, all that bullshit.....I don't recall seeing that I could pick my existing profile and link it to whatever my Live GT would be.

So how does this work when you have a offline profile that is different then a Live profile? I mean if I unlock achievements on Stang, does it somehow show this on my Live GT regardless of the GT name if the two are linked?

Does that last sentence even make sense? LOL!

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Stang said:
    "
    @CowMuffins said:
    " You need to go onto your "Stang" profile and say "Join XBL" then type in your 12 month card. It will probably say "Stang" is taken, choose a different name. Then you can have a different name with all your stuff that Stang had. Had you ever connected to live when you made your Stang GT? Is it silver? "
    Thank you for that post. Yesterday was the first time since I have owned a 360 (just got ANOTHER xbox yesterday) that I tried Live, and I immediately tried out the 30 day free gold trial. So I am on trial with a year subscription waiting to be used. I was just going through the motions....it asked me for name, email, all that bullshit.....I don't recall seeing that I could pick my existing profile and link it to whatever my Live GT would be.So how does this work when you have a offline profile that is different then a Live profile? I mean if I unlock achievements on Stang, does it somehow show this on my Live GT regardless of the GT name if the two are linked? Does that last sentence even make sense? LOL! "
    So, you've NEVER connected to Xbox Live before yesterday? If Stang isn't an XBL Silver account (the free kind), then I regret to inform you that you will lose everything once you turn that account into an XBL Gold/Silver account...
    vinsanity09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vinsanity09
    @Stang said:
    "
    @CowMuffins said:
    Thank you for that post. Yesterday was the first time since I have owned a 360 (just got ANOTHER xbox yesterday) that I tried Live, and I immediately tried out the 30 day free gold trial. So I am on trial with a year subscription waiting to be used. I was just going through the motions....it asked me for name, email, all that bullshit.....I don't recall seeing that I could pick my existing profile and link it to whatever my Live GT would be.So how does this work when you have a offline profile that is different then a Live profile? I mean if I unlock achievements on Stang, does it somehow show this on my Live GT regardless of the GT name if the two are linked? Does that last sentence even make sense? LOL! "
    your offline profile will become your Live profile, so you won't see Stang anymore, you'll only see your new GT
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang

Yep, first time ever! I never even had the new dash till yesterday!

So since it will be gone, will what I said in my other post work? Rename my offline profile to Teh Stang and then register it (Some how get rid of Teh Stang I just made)? Or worst case scenario, change it to something totally random such as dildo_fart_candy, link that to live, and not worry about it?

Thank you for the help Cow, Vinsanity and mr mustache hero.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Stang said:
    " Yep, first time ever! I never even had the new dash till yesterday!So since it will be gone, will what I said in my other post work? Rename my offline profile to Teh Stang and then register it (Some how get rid of Teh Stang I just made)? Or worst case scenario, change it to something totally random such as dildo_fart_candy, link that to live, and not worry about it?Thank you for the help Cow, Vinsanity and mr mustache hero. "
    Changing your name won't help (You will be banned if you change your name to dildo_fart_candy anyways). You just say "Subscribe to XBL" and it will inform you that the "Gamertag you've entered is already in use" after that message you can change your gamertag to something else. All the data will be erased, I think it's supposed to prevent cheating.
    vinsanity09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vinsanity09

you're sure about that CowMuffins? I remember "promoting" (can't find another word lol) my offline account to a Live one and I kept all my GS and my saves

@Stang
    you wouldn't be able to change your new GT to Teh Stang since there's another one (the one you created) that has the same name, you would have to change that one to something else, but you need to pay to do that. So if I were you, I would just name it to Teh Stang 2 or something like that instead of giving money to MS

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang

Thank you guys so fucking much for the help. I did what vinsanity suggested. I renamed my off line account Da Stang. I then deleted Teh Stang. After that I subscribed to Live as Da Stang...and the name was not taken. So now I have Da Stang as an offline/Live profile, and my gamerscore is there.

Again, thanks.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

If you had all ready created the name teh stang then its taken and deleting it wont do much since they keep all accounts current meaning they never delete them, so if you delete teh stang then try to set it up with stang then it wont work cause its all ready taken.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Wolverine
    @Stang: I'm guessing you drive a Toyota?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang
    @Wolverine said:
    " @Stang: I'm guessing you drive a Toyota? "
    You must be pyschic! Prius on 20's baby.....I roll in style!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Jeffsekai

So this is where Da Stang came from, and the guy that called people who play Street Fighter assholes helped you very interesting.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By JJOR64
    @Jeffsekai: And this is when he had a mustang as his avatar pic.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang

This is getting awesome. I feel like a nerd celebrity. IT IS ALL A GIANT CONSPIRACY!!! 

Jeff don't stop with your detective work, it is keeping me amused. And lol at this thread.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Meowayne

So a guy opens a thread in an internet forum being a noob and asking for simple advice on a pretty stupid question, and people actually help and contribute productively to the solving of the problem?

What the hell is going on?!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Meowayne said:
    " So a guy opens a thread in an internet forum being a noob and asking for simple advice on a pretty stupid question, and people actually help and contribute productively to the solving of the problem?  What the hell is going on?! "
    It was 8 months ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.