Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Microsoft discontinues Xbox-Live family plan

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I looked for an article just to make sure, but I can't find one. But it seems that Microsoft has discontinued their Xbox Live family plan. Where you would pay like $100 and get four accounts XBL-Gold access.

Full Truth]: I saw this on a The Verge Forum Post. I can't find any article, so there's that. I guess take this for what you will. The guy contacted customer service, and they seem to confirm it.

I myself don't have a 360. Mine red-ringed last year and I just never bought another one. I wanna get an Xbox ∞ later this year, and I have a WP 7.5 now, So I can't message Xbox people now; unless I would just pay gold, and that's not worth it.

Once I got another Xbox, I wanted to get on my friends family plan, and pay him like 20 or 25, instead of the 40 - 50 I can find on Amazon usually.

Anyway, I expect PS4 is gonna go the way of Gold and Platinum subscription prices also, this year. So I don't expect this to stop, much.. : /

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I didn't even know there was a family plan.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I bet that everything that is currently free on PSN stays free and what is for PS+ stays for PS+ except automatic patching of games when the PS4 launches. All new features will be for PS+ though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.