Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

The May 2016 Gamertag Purge

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

For the unaware Microsoft released 1 million Gamertags for grabs again to Gold members.

I was excited in a similar manner Brad might get over DOTA hats.

So I thought I might as well create a thread for anyone interested to share whatever Gamertag they managed to get their hands on.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

At least you're continuing the decade-old tradition of sitting on gamertags and trolling with them.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@gkhan: @mike: Your right in that I should have explained it was an old account I've recently recovered and intend to start using again. I apologise if this came across the wrong way as I was just overly excited to have gotten such a name. Please lockdown / delete the thread if you deem it necessary.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At first I was going to say "hey, how do I know if my gamertag is gone?" feeling all worried but then I remembered my gamertag was hella dumb.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I must be missing why this is a big deal... what did they release them from? Like you did a paid name change and it locked it up? Doesn't seem like many people would care.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@toxeia said:

I must be missing why this is a big deal... what did they release them from? Like you did a paid name change and it locked it up? Doesn't seem like many people would care.

There was a bunch of older gamertags that hadn't been used since like the original Xbox era. They're freeing them up now so that people can reuse them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.