Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Why would you do this to me Microsoft?!

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By pepsipat1

So recently Microsoft kinda fucked my xbox live by suspending me. Now before anyone say I must have cheated or was a dick online it wasnt any of that. Couple of months back I renewed my account with a a year long subscription card. Apparently the my credit card was set auto renew so when it came time to renew it charged for next year. That was no longer active long before the autorenew. So now I owe them $65 dollars for next year. The customer support guy told me that atleast I would have he next two years paid off. So that day I made a resolution. I will forever buy my stuff for the PS3. Then the day after that everybit of data was erased from my playstation. So that sucked. Has a similar situation happened to anyone else I think to myself. Not the playstation thing the xbox live thing. It seriously pisses me off. And now I have vented my aggression in a poorly written blog post. The magic of college people. The magic of college. 

Edit: Also not to sound stupid but, does anyone know any way to pay this thing without using a debit of credit card? They do not seem to approve of a prepaid gift card. Derp.
    pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By pepsipat1

So recently Microsoft kinda fucked my xbox live by suspending me. Now before anyone say I must have cheated or was a dick online it wasnt any of that. Couple of months back I renewed my account with a a year long subscription card. Apparently the my credit card was set auto renew so when it came time to renew it charged for next year. That was no longer active long before the autorenew. So now I owe them $65 dollars for next year. The customer support guy told me that atleast I would have he next two years paid off. So that day I made a resolution. I will forever buy my stuff for the PS3. Then the day after that everybit of data was erased from my playstation. So that sucked. Has a similar situation happened to anyone else I think to myself. Not the playstation thing the xbox live thing. It seriously pisses me off. And now I have vented my aggression in a poorly written blog post. The magic of college people. The magic of college. 

Edit: Also not to sound stupid but, does anyone know any way to pay this thing without using a debit of credit card? They do not seem to approve of a prepaid gift card. Derp.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew
    @PepsiPat said:
    "That was no longer active long before the autorenew."
    I don't understand this part. Could you clarify?
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DrPockets000

Your syntax is utterly baffling.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Marcsman

The customer support guy told me that atleast I would have he next two years paid off. So that day I made a resolution. I will forever buy my stuff for the PS3. Then the day after that everybit of data was erased from my playstation 
    So MS wiped out your PS3? 
    I'm confused????
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

Eh? It is obvious what he is saying. 

His live was set to auto-renew it tried, but as the debit card tied to the account had expired/had no funds, they couldn't take any money, claiming OP now owes them 
    It was just a coincidence his PS3 blew chunks the day after.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By KarlPilkington

What the fuck are you on about?

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sogeman

Pretty sure Autorenew gets suspended as long as the account is Gold. They don't charge you for a year of Gold if you have a year of Gold from a prepaid card on there.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Pezen

I canceled a card of mine during an apartment move, and I missed the fact that my renewal was upcoming. You get temporarily suspended for x amount of months unable to pay for a new gold period. I never owed anyone anything as far as I can recall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.