Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Xbox Live Down?

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

It seems like Xbox Live is down due to the actions of the Lizard Squad. Anyone else having trouble getting online. I was trying to look up stuff on Geometry Wars 3, after watching the Quick Look. Looks like I'm going to have to wait.

JordoST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was about to listen to music on xbox music and then shit went down, so yeah I think it is :<

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Apparently yes, the lizards are at it again.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911

"How can they cut the power man they're animals!"

But seriously though I wish they would figure put who these scumbags are and put them away.What are they trying to prove? Okay you can bring down a large online infrastructure, but what are you really accomplishing? It makes me wonder what these people do for a living, or they're just young adults living with their parents.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It's back up now.

Seriously, the lives of these people must be pretty sad if they get their kicks from ddosing major networks.

DGBruin08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: It's even worse when they threaten that this is only the beginning.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I 100% do not get the point of fucking things up just to fuck things up. The assclowns who pull this crap are pond scum in my book. I actually put them below people who hack credit card numbers in my book, because I can at least understand the monetary end game there. What in the hell is the appeal of disrupting services? Annoying people and wasting others' time? The most upsetting thing to me is that these dipshits, ostensibly, are skilled. Why not put that to good use instead? I guess they fancy themselves as a Joker who's introducing a little anarchy or some shit, but crashing a system for the hell of it does not somehow make you awesome; it just makes you an asshole. And their next plan is to try to fuck up Christmas, the season when children get games for gifts, in addition to the adults who bust their ass working all year actually having some time off to maybe relax and play some games over the holidays. God damnit. I'd love to punch one of these pricks right in the face.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Corevi

@notnert427: The thing is though is that they aren't skilled. They have a botnet but not the knowledge to do anything real with it so they are just ddosing random services and gloating about it on twitter for shits and giggles.

What's even funnier is that according to their recent tweets they aren't even operating the botnet, they are just paying people to use theirs with bitcoins. What a bunch of jokers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.