Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

1 TB w/new controller bundle incoming

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brutushayesosu

1 TB Xbox One

Not a shocker, just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting an Xbox One this month.

• Includes a controller with a 3.5mm headset jack, so you can plug in any compatible headset
    • Store games and media with a 1TB internal hard drive
    • Halo MCC included
    • Release Date: June 16, 2015
    ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So a new controller, eh? Surprising.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Seems like a logical new SKU. The 500 GB hard drive isn't all that bad (especially if you have a fast download speed and no bandwidth cap) but it can definitely get cramped.

That new controller with a headset jack is the biggest upgrade though. I'm definitely going to be picking up one of those when they become available. I never picked up one of the adapter dongles and having it built in seems much more ideal. Might as well go ahead and get another controller anyway - it might be years from now, but it seems like any thumbstick inevitably ends up loose.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same controller just a 3.5mm jack built in instead of buying that adapter.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

May trade in my launch X1 for one of these...

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Sergio

To be honest, I'd love it if they let you use an Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One. Anything short of an ergonomics overhaul still makes me dread using the Xbox One controller, with or without the headphone jack.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this will finally move me into the next generation.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

$400 seems like a reasonable price point, especially with the Master Chief Collection included. As someone who doesn't own any consoles and doesn't care to, it has seemed to me recently like the Xbox One really needs something since the PS4 seems to be getting so many games, usually along with most technically competent versions of multiplatform titles as well.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sergio said:

To be honest, I'd love it if they let you use an Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One. Anything short of an ergonomics overhaul still makes me dread using the Xbox One controller, with or without the headphone jack.

I'm with you. The Xbox One has more games that appeal to me than the PS4, but the controller alone has put me off of buying that system entirely.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

An XB1 bundled with the upcoming remastered Gears is what'll finally push me into getting one of dem things. The additional 500GBs isn't much of a selling point either as most, if not all, multi-platform games I'll be getting on PS4.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Really hope that controller will be sold separately really soon. Didn't want to spend any extra for that dongle and would like a controller with a headphone jack built right in. It'll also be nice to have a second controller in case I ever pick up something with local multiplayer since I'm about the only one out of my friends that owns an Xbox One.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.