Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

1000 friends on Xbox Live

Avatar image for tylerdurden4321
    TylerDurden4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What happens, when next year I have 140 people on my Xbox One Live friends list and want to go play Gears of War Multiplayer on my Xbox360 with some of my new friends (from after the time I got an XB1)? Will it explode then, because it can't handle more than 100 friends?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Marcsman

It does seem like too many IMO

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

They shut down XBL for the 360 to entice consumers to switch to the Xbox One very quickly...

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't think 1000 friends leaves enough room for advertisers.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By jay_ray

@tylerdurden4321 said:

What happens, when next year I have 140 people on my Xbox One Live friends list and want to go play Gears of War Multiplayer on my Xbox360 with some of my new friends (from after the time I got an XB1)? Will it explode then, because it can't handle more than 100 friends?

As Jeff said on this weeks podcast, most likely when you buy an Xbone you'll migrate your profile and import your friends list. After that each system will be separate so any changes made to your friends list will be console specific. So friends you add on your Xbone will not show up when you log onto Live via a 360.

Edit: This is purely assumption, MS has not said how they'll actually handle it.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Managing 140 contacts using the video game console interface is a terrible idea.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I know you can turn them off, but just imagine the notifications (with sound) on a maxed out friend's list of 1000.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@jay_ray said:

@tylerdurden4321 said:

As Jeff said on this weeks podcast, most likely when you buy an Xbone you'll migrate your profile and import your friends list. After that each system will be separate so any changes made to your friends list will be console specific. So friends you add on your Xbone will not show up when you log onto Live via a 360.

Edit: This is purely assumption, MS has not said how they'll actually handle it.

On the other hand, if you remove someone from your Xbox 360 Friends List on your Xbox One, how does that carry across both?

And how many people would actually come anywhere close to using a thousand friend slots?

Avatar image for tylerdurden4321
    TylerDurden4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_ray:

Thanks, good answer.

I'm wondering... if MS hadn't messed up the messaging so much, I might even have thought they deliberately didn't get that side of the 1000-friends equation, just to listen to what internet forums think how they'll handle that ...then pick the most popular and use that as the solution.

@hailinel If were MS, I'd keep 360 and One lists separate, but give you a pretty hidden-in-the-menus sync-now button with migrating options.

In any case, Microsoft has to figure this stuff out, I imagine a whole lot of 14 year olds getting an XB1 and their younger brothers inheriting their old 360... and both playing with their accounts still on both consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.