Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

$60 Xbox one currency, what to buy?

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrHadouken

So yeah, as the title says I'm unsure what to purchase or pre-order even? I have most major titles, I also pre ordered fallout 4 and halo 5.

Only games that currently have my on eye are Mad Max and Dragonball Z Xenoverse, however both look like a buttload busy work that will feel a bit like a chore. But both look really cool especially the latter... Even if I'm not even 50% familiar with the universe.

The Only two games I'm interested in preordering are Black Ops 3 (I skipped Advanced warfare not for any particular reason), Rainbow six siege and Star wars Battlefront. Each has their draw but each has a huge weakness.

So with all that said any opinions on the two I want or three I want to pre-order? Things that may interest me more or turn me away completely? Or maybe there's a game thatvi haven't thought about that's already out? Any help is appreciated!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

No Metal Gear eh? It's the best game I have played in years, and I haven't even played a Metal Gear game since the original Metal Gear. It's that good.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: no I have it, and fully agree.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By maginnovision

I have no opinion on any of those games, and don't plan on buying any of them. But the rainbow six battle front and black ops are all 3 specific shooters though. So I'd say choose that way. Cod, battlefield, or fake CS. I still play AW on xbox also, I just don't really like how black ops 3 looks.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Whatever you choose, don't choose Xenoverse. I love that universe and the game was fun for like a hot week until I beat the story and most of the missions, which did not last long. The MP is hot garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haven't played Mad Max, but Xenoverse is pretty fun. Wait for a sale if it's $60 though, and even then I'd only say to buy it if you love(d) DBZ since a lot of its fun comes from all the fanservice.

Otherwise, I dunno. I don't have an Xbox One anymore. When I did I loved Sunset Overdrive so I'd recommend that. Rare Replay seems pretty ballin'.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: I hear that a lot, a lot of people on my friend list play it and say they love it... But I may not be in the same boat, as those guys like dragonball z and anime more than me.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mcfart

Xenoverse isn't worth it. It has Monster Hunter level grinding, and the combat's very basic.

Well, not worth unless you're a big DBZ fan.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You mentioned Black Ops 3 and Battlefront. Black Ops 3 had a beta that I'm hoping you didn't miss--best COD since Ghosts 1, IMO--and Battlefront is going to have a beta. That should help you decide, but I'd just go for whichever one your friends seem like they're going to be playing.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhadouken: I don't know if they've balanced it all out at this point but when I played, the MP was just mindless spamming of ultimates.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I did play the beta, must say I didn't like it... Only due to the walk around a corner and be killed by literally a single bullet from an assault rifle. That's way too over powered! I understand 4-5 bullets, but that wasn't the case. So I just said "its just a beta, see what the main game is like."

I'm gonna check out the Battlefront beta as well, the only thing that sucks with Battlefront is 4 maps is it until DLC starts sucking you dry.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I've played a bit of Mad Max on my PC. It's good, but I keep having trouble getting motivated to go back to it. Not really sure why. I'm a Mad Max fan from way back, the game isn't bad, but for some reason it just isn't bringing the intense desire to keep going that comes with a truly great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhadouken: I don't know if they've balanced it all out at this point but when I played, the MP was just mindless spamming of ultimates.

They've nerfed quite a few moves, but I still would never suggest people buy it for PVP. It's much better suited as a co-op game with friends to be honest. (Although my friend and I play against each other sometimes where we pick random characters. Always a blast when one of us gets Super Saiyan God whatever and the other gets Frieza's henchman)

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrHadouken

@turtlebird95: dammit, looks like it's back in the running. I probably won't touch PVP if it were to be on sale soon and I bought it.

I haven't heard anybody say anything about the Handsome Jack collection, never played any borderlands 2 DLC or The pre sequel, however I've heard frame rate issues and pop in plague the game on Xbox one, has this been fixed or is it still pretty rough?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say get your hands on some smaller priced games. Octodad, massive challice, ori, etx to just mkx things up from your shooter heavy list.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrHadouken

@skullpanda1: I'm only going with one of those if any, I actually don't play many shooters. However I have thought of doing that and the only downside is I buy them play them for a day and never return. I love shovel knight and rouge legacy, just can't find the intrest to return which sucks because they are so good. Right now the Mega man collection is calling my name.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Castle Crashers remastered just got announced.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortuss_zero: isn't it free for previous owners, for a little while at least, then goes to $5.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would save it for Just Cause 3 or Tomb Raider.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@memonk: that's right tomb raider isn't too far off, and the first is coming to games with gold this month... Love me some tomb raider. Never played any of the Just Cause games.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhadouken: Ah, fair enough. I heard it in passing, and I like CC.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtlebird95: dammit, looks like it's back in the running. I probably won't touch PVP if it were to be on sale soon and I bought it.

I haven't heard anybody say anything about the Handsome Jack collection, never played any borderlands 2 DLC or The pre sequel, however I've heard frame rate issues and pop in plague the game on Xbox one, has this been fixed or is it still pretty rough?

It's fixed on PS4, but I'm not sure about Xbox One. That's one game with an absolute mountain of content, but it's really best in co-op.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I think I may have decided to get Resident Evil Revelations 2 and Resident Evil HD remake, since I never played one and could never finish the other (When I was younger). That leaves $15 so then maybe the binding of Isaac or The mega man collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.