Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Any way to watch live UPF on Xbox One?

mrhector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Been trying to watch UPF live on my XB1 a few times but have had no luck. Curious if anyone else has been successful. I am a subscriber and have tried using IE but just can't get the video to play. I do have Plex as well but I'm wondering if there is a better way like using the DLNA media player some how or perhaps a channel with Plex Web.

dietlime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dietlime

In order to prevent you from damaging your subsidized gaming computer, you cannot install third-party software not authorized by Microsoft (or Sony, or Nintendo, mainly for system maintenance security reasons, again).

This includes the plugins required to use many terrible third-party video players, such as those found on illegal streaming sites; or in your case legitimate sites that want to embed advertising or gather metrics using their own proprietary players.

If someone knows a way around this, I would be interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.