Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Anyone else have disc trouble on new Xbox One?

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just got my Xbox One a couple of weeks ago. I just bought my first physical copy of a game today and when I went to put it in the drive, at first it felt like it wouldn't go it. I feel like I'm hitting something solid, then, after a couple of tries, it slides in.

The tile on the screen says "Insert Disc". I'm using the "instant on" power setting. I turn the Xbox off then back on, it sees the disc and installs. I tried a few more times. It won't eject on the first press, it'll kinda poke out, then go back in. When I take the disc out and put it back, the system acts like there is no disc inserted. If I try to start the game, it tells me I don't own it and gives me a link to the store.

I have to turn the system off, then back on to get it to see the disc. I don't have any other discs to test this on. I'm not getting the loud grinding noise I'd heard about (at least, not yet).

I can't deal with tech support tonight and REALLY don't want to have to send this thing in for service. Anyone else ever have this issue? I might be able to get a swap out at Best Buy (not sure), but re-downloading my games kinda sucks. Also, I don't have Gold yet and I think you need that to back up your saves to the cloud. I guess I could go buy a USB stick, but I'm not 100% sure if that's an option. I think you could on 360...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At launch, there were disc slot problems. I'm surprised you have those same problems a year later. I got my xbox one this march for titanfall and have never had disc problems. I've got 3 physical games for it, never had these problems.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By r3beld0gg

This sucks... I should mention I tried powering down completely, as the MS site says. Didn't work.

EDIT: Okay... holy shit. I just got it to accept the disc and work properly twice. Guess we'll see if it keeps it up? At least long enough for me to get Gold or back up my saves to a stick. I have all the other consoles as well, so I guess I can survive sending it in for repair if Best Buy won't just swap me out one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.