Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Anyone with playing multiplayer with an X-Box One....

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Do me a favor, unplug your Kinnect and shout "XBOX WATCH TV" over voice chat. I want to see how that experiment plays out.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who is... Damn you auto correct.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Game Informer posted an article about griefing the X1 using Kinect

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/11/22/griefing-the-xbox-one-and-the-new-kinect.aspx

"After downloading Skype, I called Dan who was at his desk in another section of the office and turned the volume up on the TV as loud as I could without disturbing others. Dan shouted commands, attempting to open Internet Explorer and Snap in other applications by saying, “Xbox, etc.” over the Skype conversation. It never worked, but I was still able to use voice commands. The device is skilled at distinguishing voices emanating from the television, and voices emanating from in front of the TV."

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was watching TV earlier and there was an Xbox One commercial that said Xbox quite a few times. It never opened up the voice command menu.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was watching the Giant Bomb Xbox One stream on Twitch, and the voice commands kept setting off my kinect. It's certainly capable of activating from the tv speakers.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Watching the Xbox video thing right now, no issues yet.

GleasonRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By GleasonRyan

I was playing Madden with my Macbook sitting a few feet from my Kinect which was playing the Xbox launch stream and it changed plays, launched apps, Snapped stuff and almost turned my xbox off once

@mems1224 said:

The device is skilled at distinguishing voices emanating from the television, and voices emanating from in front of the TV."

Yeah that was their "problem". The kinect is smart enough to know whats coming out of the TV but if you have sound coming from anywhere else it will still pick up and grief like usual.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The only weird problems I've had, besides some of the stuff Jeff mentioned in his video, is Kinect trying to listen during YouTube videos. It's a different "Stop Listening" prompt that comes up, but it's very annoying since it appears in the center of the screen:

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was playing Madden with my Macbook sitting a few feet from my Kinect which was playing the Xbox launch stream and it changed plays, launched apps, Snapped stuff and almost turned my xbox off once

@mems1224 said:

The device is skilled at distinguishing voices emanating from the television, and voices emanating from in front of the TV."

Yeah that was their "problem". The kinect is smart enough to know whats coming out of the TV but if you have sound coming from anywhere else it will still pick up and grief like usual.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Thats pretty crappy but if it picks up a lamp is a person it probably thinks a voice coming from a computer is real too. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.