Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Are you still open to the Xbox One at E3, or are you out?

• 173 results
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll Are you still open to the Xbox One at E3, or are you out? (639 votes)

I'm already sold on the Xbox One, can't wait till E3! 7%
    It's all about the games, they can still win me over at E3. 26%
    Fuck this, I'm out. 16%
    I was leaning towards Sony anyway, the DRM/etc "clarification" just reaffirmed my choice. 28%
    PC gaming and/or Nintendo gaming is where it's at - so shrug. 17%
    Other (post your thoughts!) 6%

I was one of the many who sat on the sidelines on the issues after the Xbox One reveal, thinking "well, none of the crazy stuff is confirmed, so let's wait until E3 or further clarification."

In many instances, I certainly voiced my opinion stating that if the rumours / unconfirmed info post reveal were confirmed, I'd be out.

So, I'm happy/disheartened to say that after today's clarification, it's likely that I'll be looking at a one-console-future. Sony doesn't have Kinect, and DRM on their platform would only cause me to move most of my purchases to other platforms (so I'd only be buying it for the exclusives / console-only titles). As such, I'm pretty sure I'm sold on it already.

But that's just me! I'd like to hear where the overall GB forums community is at.

So - where do you stand in the lead up to E3? Can Microsoft still win you over?

• 
    BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of course I'm still open to it. Though they have probably already sold me one because of Forza.

Blackrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly?

This lines up completely with their Roadmap to 2015 that leaked last year.

I can't wait for their Fortaleza glasses in 2014/2015, people think the Kinect is bad now... just wait. O_O

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By OGred

Forza has me by the balls + gears of war 4 multiplayer. Either way, not enough details on either side

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

N64 was the last non-Sony console I have owned and if I even decide to get a next gen console it's highly likely I'll get a Ps4 regardless of what is going on with Microsoft's console. The camera stuff for Xbone weirds me out, but otherwise my main concern is that I'm not sure how much console gaming I want to do anymore.

altngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: The PC angle is keeping me out as well.

If there's enough console exclusives that I'm interested in I'll probably go with a PS4 with their seemingly less restrictive policies and lack of a required kinect.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm out from both XBONE and PS4, but them I'm biased I'm a very happy PC gamer.. I cant justify myself to spend money on abusive anti-consumer companies when I have a kick ass PC, plus plenty of gadgets to waste time on (ipad, iphone and a mcbook air)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By mrfluke

we'ill see, their exclusives will determine if im picking up one this year.

im not buying multiplatform games for that thing due to the online checkin every 24 hours.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*looks in*

Yup, wow, these %s have been pretty rock solid from the start. In fact, the biggest grower has changed from "Fuck this" to "leaning towards Sony", which now sits at 28% instead of ~24% - but that's about it.

Only 30-36% of GB's forums voters are open to the XBO as it stands.

: /

Again, I can't WAIT to see if Microsoft can turn that around.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm absolutely going to watch the conference, but right now I have no real interest in the Xbox One. That may change someday, but that day isn't today (or likely any time soon)

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#160  Edited By triple07

Nothing I've heard from Microsoft is enough to make me outright say "I'm out". Some of their stuff is not to my liking such as the 24 hour limit on being offline but its not a dealbreaker since I'll be online as long as my internet is working. Still waiting to see which console I like more as I'm only looking to get one of them.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still open to it and by that I mean I'll buy it. Probably not right away but I won't buy the PS4 right away either. I'm still really looking forward to both consoles but it is painful as hell to watch Microsoft with their mess especially when they "try" to clear things up. Can't wait for monday.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#162  Edited By guiseppe

Still don't know enough about either system.

TenStoryMother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in, as I do loves me some games!

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any word on whether we can play our current downloadable titles on PS4 or Xbox One? Be it arcade or retail?

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ez123

@ogred said:

Any word on whether we can play our current downloadable titles on PS4 or Xbox One? Be it arcade or retail?

Nope, neither.

Also, I want to say about the Gears thing, it's a new generation and the main trilogy is done. It might go multiplatform.

Omeggos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@ogred said:

Nope, neither.

Also, I want to say about the Gears thing, it's a new generation and the main trilogy is done. It might go multiplatform.

I still kind of doubt that. Even with the trilogy over and Judgement being out, GoW has been one of MS's more important exclusives. I imagine they'll fight for that exclusivity.

OT: MS had said time and time again that the reveal would focus on the console so my hype wasnt really that high to begin with. But once the announcements of games and reveal promises and the leaked/confirmed. I'm very much looking forward to what Xbox One has to offer.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Leaning towards Sony at this point, but if somehow Microsoft showed a new Bethesda Fallout game that was entirely exclusive to Xbox One...I could be swayed closer to Microsoft. Although, since it would probably be on PC also I am most likely not on the Xbox side with this. I'll wait till after E3 to make my decision though.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
    TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I just have a hard time believing people will use the Xbox One, while watching TV. I understand both the PS4 and Xbox one will likely suck very little juice while running on the dashboards/doing video work. But someone like my father who bought a standalone blu ray player because he was uncomfortable with the power requirements of the PS3 I bought him, wouldn't be caught dead running two devices for the same task.

Oh and yeah, unless Halo 5 looks unbelievably good and they have a better demo than the Halo 4 demo, I won't even consider the thing. Gran Turismo 6/ Drive Club replace Forza easily and the PC will fill in any gaps that the PS4 doesn't. Granted if their DRM scheme is similar I'll avoid that too.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@ogred said:

Nope, neither.

damn, fingers crossed!

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ogred said:

@ez123 said:

@ogred said:

Nope, neither.

damn, fingers crossed!

Oh sorry, I didn't word that very well. Neither console is backwards compatible in any way(besides the cloud streaming). XBL, PSN, retail 360/PS3 games will only work for those systems.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@ogred said:

@ez123 said:

@ogred said:

Nope, neither.

damn, fingers crossed!

Oh sorry, I didn't word that very well. Neither console is backwards compatible in any way(besides the cloud streaming). XBL, PSN, retail 360/PS3 games will only work for those systems.

:O :0 :o there goes any chance of a day 1 for me. I don't have the space for two consoles to be plugged in. Man, this is a huge bummer, I was like 90% sure downloadable non-retail games would carry over :(. Then again, I don't know anything about the technical labour that would involve. Thanks for telling me though, can't believe I hadn't heard about this yet

bgdiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Like others have said, I'm going to wait a decent bit before I commit to buying either system. I had bad experiences with the RRoD on several Xbox consoles, and I've seen nothing that has reaffirmed Microsoft's commitment to reliable systems. I didn't get those issues on the PS3, but I'm in no rush to spend.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
    CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said other because I can't even make up my mind. On one hand I hate everything about how it works. On the other hand if it has incredible exclusives what can you do? So I'm still open based on what they show but I'm starting from a very negative opinion. Oh well I can always just hope MS ports more of their exclusives to Windows later on so I can play some of them. (I wish they had done the second two Gears of War... somehow I feel like a mouse would ruin Halo though so I never played the PC port of that or 2)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.