Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

As a sufferer of ADHD I am really excited for the Xbox One

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By spraynardtatum

Okay, so they announced the Xbox One earlier this week and it looks like exactly what I need to stay stimulated. I have a really hard time paying attention to anything I do because I am immediately onto the next thing. If I'm watching a movie I have to be doing one or two other things at the same time or I'll drive myself crazy. Movies these days are always so slow that I get bored easily. I usually never sit through a whole movie at the theaters anymore, I have to get up and pace down the aisles in order to stay awake and feel stimulated. It sucks.

I never understood why people get mad at me when I'm browsing the internet or talking on my phone during films, it's not like I'm louder than what's going on on screen. I'm probably not even half as loud if I really think about it. Those people are going to be a thing of the past. Step over because that mindset is ancient.

Now with the Xbox One I can always be stimulated and fulfilled! It'll be like a media mecca where I can burn my eyes out with all the different forms of entertainment going at the same time. I'll play games and Skype while I'm browsing the internet. I thought I'd need another arm to do that but fortunately everything is voice or motion controlled. It's going to be so nice to have all that data at the tip of my tongue.

Holy crap, my neighbors are being so loud, I think they're eating outside with their family or something. I'll be right back, I'm going to close the windows.

Now it doesn't matter if I lose interest because I don't even need to have interest in the first place. I'll turn movies on with no intention of watching them, catch up on my TV shows while I listen to music, and play COD while I talk to my parents on Skype. My only question is if I can buy a game while I'm playing another one? That would be awesome because then if I don't like one I can just skip it and move on to the next.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

I'm excited, im just ready for the next generation to begin. No more having to choose between game and music. I could just use my phone with smartglass to use music on my TV. AMAZING

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jayu26

I have news for you...you don't exists!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@spraynardtatum: You actually have some very good ideas.

Imagine having a friend come to your house when you are in the middle of a campaign, and be able to quickly YouTube something on the side. I use Xbox Music and It'd be fucking cool to load up and switch from that Yeezy to Every Time I Die and whatever, in Need For Speed games and such.

Shits' exciting.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This is what I believe to be the second in a trilogy of troll posts mocking the xbox one. I cannot wait for the epic conclusion in pt. 3.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Here is a thread to show the true depth of my cynical genius!"

My copy of OS 10.8 came with Messages. I don't use IM clients. That's OK, because Messages doesn't keep me from using Logic.

My slide phone has a calendar. I really never use it. But it's all right, I can still make phone calls just fine.

My X-ONE will have IE, Skype, and ESPN. I'll likely never touch them. But it doesn't bother me, since I can still play video games.

Now, for God's sake, can we all sit quietly in our corners, clutching our Wii-U remotes, Dualshock 3s, and 360 controllers, until we actually see what the next generation brings?

If not, maybe you should buy a larger, more powerful, more useful console called a "PC." It's available right now, with enough snide sarcasm to drown the world!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By EVO

Nearly had me until that last sentence.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood why people get mad at me when I'm browsing the internet or talking on my phone during films, it's not like I'm louder than what's going on on screen. I'm probably not even half as loud if I really think about it. Those people are going to be a thing of the past. Step over because that mindset is ancient.

I actually typed up a rebuttal to this before I realized it had to be a troll.

Solid 9/10.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@evo said:

Nearly had me until that last sentence.

Weird.

Holy crap, my neighbors are being so loud, I think they're eating outside with their family or something. I'll be right back, I'm going to close the windows.

Those statements there kinda gave it away.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Being someone who really is ADHD i was a bit annoyed at first seeing your title but its overly common for me to have a video going on my laptop wile I play a xbox game and have music playing on my Ipod. So I fully agree with you. I get tired of a game I can instantly switch to a movie or something else without worrying about losing my progress.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.