Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

AV to HDMI adapter cable for Xbox One TV

Avatar image for killerishere828
    killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I have a cable box with just AV hook up but want to try out the TV feature on the Xbox One. Is this something I could use?

http://m.dhgate.com/product/durable-5-feet-1-5m-hdmi-male-input-to-3/141606982.html#pd-104

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Well I guess if you are converting an analog signal, especially composite, to HDMI, you will be losing all your TV features you can control through the Xbox One. You can still probably navigate with your remote and the box's UI.

As for the cable itself, it's HDMI to analog than the other way around.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

No way. You'll need to convert an analog signal to digital. This would probably work, but when it comes to upscanners cheap usually isn't good.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011406&p_id=9994&seq=1&format=2

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@thephantomnaut said:

Well I guess if you are converting an analog signal, especially composite, to HDMI, you will be losing all your TV features you can control through the Xbox One. You can still probably navigate with your remote and the box's UI.

As for the cable itself, it's HDMI to analog than the other way around.

Doesn't the Xbox do most of its communicating with the cable box via the IR blaster (which is essentially just a universal remote)?

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not call the cable company and get swapped out for a box with HDMI? How do you watch TV in SD?

Avatar image for killerishere828
    killerishere828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oginor: I don't watch to much tv. I watch netflix or download movies most of the time. Plus I don't want to pay $20 extra a month for an HD box. All the HD viewing is in the living room. And the xbox in the living room isn't an option because it's in use to much by everyone else

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

20 a month for an HD Box? Really...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.