Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

BF4 gameplay shakey cam.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Yea, that looks alright. I remember them saying at E3 that Xbox is getting the Second Assault DLC first, too. So that's cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Is it me, or did they just deactivate shadows in the XboxOne version or something?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it me, or did they just deactivate shadows in the XboxOne version or something?

If you look to the screen next to it that one has shadows. From what I heard its an Alpha build or something.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artelinarose

Yup, it's a video game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Whenever I see the abbreviation BF I think Breath of Fire, and then I get disappointed. Video looks neat I guess. You know what would make Battlefield even more neat though? Dragons.

AlexGlass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tru3_blu3 said:

If you look to the screen next to it that one has shadows. From what I heard its an Alpha build or something.

Pretty sure they're still using Enlighten for BF4 which goes back to BF3 and even something they ran on the 360 and PS3 as well. There's nothing fancy going on here. It's a mixture of shadow maps and dynamic shadows on all platforms so I wouldn't expect all objects to cast dynamic shadows.

Which is pretty sad for 2013, but that's a different matter.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By audiosnow

I thought this was going to be about how BF 3 & 4 have such shaky cameras. I was all set to agree with you and comment that that's the one thing I really disliked about BF3 (well, until the server fiasco on consoles, then it became a distant second thing).

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Seems very smooth for an early build. Looking forward to seeing how the final version looks and plays.

WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Frostbite 3 looks pretty good. I wonder if frame rate or latency will be an issue on the next gen versions with increased player counts and destructible environments. It looks very fluid from the footage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.