Finally buying one, a few questions

#1 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

I just have a few questions about the Xbox One and rather the new Xbox One Stereo Headset. My question is how does it get the game audio .. or is it just chat audio?

Second question is : If I wanted to use an older headset would a Optical to RCA (L/R audio) adapter work and has anyone tried this?

#2 Edited by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

From what I understand the Stereo headset should do both game/TV audio and chat.

As far as the Optical/RCA, no clue man.

#3 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

i use optical to RCA works.

#4 Posted by ValeYard (149 posts) -

The new headset gets chat audio through the 3.5 mm jack in the adapter in the controller. There are buttons to regulate the chat and game audio.

You can use any standard CTIA 3.5 mm headset though, you don't need the official one. Older headsets work too. You get the chat audio through said adapter (it comes with a 3.5mm > 2.5 mm adapter too). You just set the balance of the audio to chat only.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.