Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Free game with system between Sept.7-Sept 13th

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

So Microsoft just announced a deal where if you buy an XboxOne between the 7th and 13th of September you'll get a free retail game. I'm curious on what you duders feel about this. Enough for you to take the plunge? Are you upset for being an early adopter? Will there probably be an even better deal for Black Friday? Either way I do appreciate how aggressive Microsoft is being about selling there system now as I've been on the fence for awhile and it only seems to be getting better the more I wait.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/04/xbox-one-promotion-offers-free-game-with-console-purchase/

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Microsoft is really pushing out some good deals and trying to get people interested in their console. Good for them.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I think it is a smart move, if I had been an early adopter I wouldn't begrudge anyone getting this deal and it still doesn't make the slightest bit interested in an a Xbox one.

What will sell the system for me will be exclusive titles I want to play. I haven't seen more than 1 or 2 so far.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Dayum, that's a great selection of games. Credit where credit is due, Microsoft sure as hell ain't sittin back and lettin Sony run away with this generation. I hope they keep it up.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

All those games are on PC.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's all new, retail Xbox One games, not just those pictured. You could theoretically get Destiny for free.

In fact, I plan on doing just that. Never thought I'd be picking up an Xbox One before a PS4, but there just isn't much the PS4 is offering this year for me. I'll probably grab one of those in January or February, unless they have their own enticing offer.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Ugh....I am so, SO tempted to bite on this. I'm now really hoping Destiny bombs on the review circuit, because I don't know if my wallet can handle a north-of-90 Metacritic.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@hatking said:

@corruptedevil said:

It's all new, retail Xbox One games, not just those pictured. You could theoretically get Destiny for free.

Wow, that's kinda great.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi
    @banefirelord said:

Ugh....I am so, SO tempted to bite on this. I'm now really hoping Destiny bombs on the review circuit, because I don't know if my wallet can handle a north-of-90 Metacritic.

You could just get the last gen version digitally and you'll get a free upgrade to the current gen version whenever you decide to upgrade. (Only works PS3>PS4 and 360>One, not PS3>One or 360>PS4)

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah. I got Forza 5 with my console, so essentially the same thing sans being able to choose said game.

I'm glad to see Microsoft pushing themselves forward on the market. Sony had way too much freedom for the past year, and I want Microsoft to put them back in their place. Only good things can come from Sony and Microsoft equally battling it out, and I hope that is what is being achieved here.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is the console wars I want. Not people yelling about the system on forums, the companies giving out good product and good prices. Lets hope they keep it up!

Side note....I loved the underhand way Microsoft has been advertising Destiny...with out being able to advertise Destiny. LoL

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By roboculus92

Important to note that this specific deal is US-Only. Also, depending on where you buy it, you can get an added bonus (in addition to the free game). Microsoft store is giving away $50 Xbox credit while Best Buy is giving away 2 years of their GCU membership.

If you're not in the US but you are in the UK or Canada then there are similar deals going on over there. In the UK, you can get a Kinect-less bundle with Destiny and the Master Chief Collection for £350 from Game.co.uk (they'll mail you the MCC when it releases) while in Canada, you can get a free game deal from Walmart that only gives away NHL or Destiny as the choices for free game or you could order from the Canadian Microsoft store and get a similar deal as the US one, except here you can actually apply it towards the COD or Sunset Overdrive bundles (I'm not sure if you still get $50 Xbox credit though).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.