Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Games might be country locked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

One of the major regular news websites here (Netherlands) is reporting that the games themselves might not just be region locked, but country locked. While this might not seem like a huge deal to US people its potentially very bad for us Europian consumers who know where to buy games. Some of the cheapest game websites are based in the UK (play and zavvi). With no shipping charge and good deals an Europian gamer who knows to shop around will do so. But it seems even that might be discontinued by microsoft?

This news site does have a tendency to just copy/paste news. So curious if anybody has anything concrete on this?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, that would be incredibly shitty. Let's hope that's just a rumor

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shivoa: I hope its just a rumor. Al through at this point the One seems to have so much going against it its just one more thing on the pile I guess if its true or not.

I didn't see this discussion in that topic. That topic is about where the xbox will work. I mean the news that it might not work if I buy a game from another country and can only buy games from stores in my own country. Going to check that topic however if I missed something. Thanks!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.