Games with Gold will be coming to Xbox One in 2014

#1 Posted by 617_jbug (350 posts) -

Since it's a new marketplace the games they give away should be better.

#2 Posted by EricSmith (398 posts) -

I wonder if he means "later in 2014," or "later, in 2014"? I mean, trying to parse tweets is a fucking task, but that is a necessary distinction.

#3 Edited by slyspider (1376 posts) -

Finally some parity with what sony does. Can only lead to better free games for everyone!

#4 Edited by JayEH (534 posts) -

LocoCycle will be the first game. You heard it here first. But in all seriousness, its good news and better games should be coming to the programs.

#5 Posted by FinalDasa (2077 posts) -

@ericsmith: I imagine they want some games to be able to put up for free. Right now they couldn't hand out games like LocoCycle or AC4 becuase they just released. Maybe some time around E3?

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

Yay, fuck yea! I'm hoping for some free ass Halo 2 HD whenever, and then TimeSplitters. A f2p BloodWake, cuz fuck it!

#7 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1937 posts) -

Finally some parody with what sony does. Can only lead to better free games for everyone!

I think you mean "parity". Parody is form of imitative satirical fiction.

#8 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Well that's good news! Wait... how's that going to work then? Is this a basically confirming backwards compatibility considering that XONE won't really have many games in its first year that they'd want to give away so quickly.

#9 Posted by superjop (77 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Have you seen the games they've given away compared to PS Plus up 'till now... Parody may be the right word after all if it doesn't improve ;-)

#10 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

@superjop said:

@ll_exile_ll: Have you seen the games they've given away compared to PS Plus up 'till now... Parody may be the right word after all if it doesn't improve ;-)

Let's hope these past few months were a test run because honestly, PS Plus shits all over XBL's deals at the moment.

#11 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

@superjop said:

Old jokes, fantastic. Ugh.

#12 Posted by 617_jbug (350 posts) -

The way he worded it maybe it's going to be something separate from Games with Gold. They could do a PS+ like situation where you only rent the games till your service expires. It could be that.

#13 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -

Good news! Hopefully they're closer to the PS+ offerings.

#14 Posted by TurboMan (7742 posts) -

This is why competition is good!

#15 Posted by slyspider (1376 posts) -

@slyspider said:

Finally some parody with what sony does. Can only lead to better free games for everyone!

I think you mean "parity". Parody is form of imitative satirical fiction.

damn my lazy american English! I will edit it so people don't think I'm being an ass

#16 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Cool, but I still don't know if we still get to keep the games or if it's a brand new service more inline with the PS+ way of doing things. Either way it's great, if they can provide better offerings in the future.

#17 Posted by BigJeffrey (5112 posts) -

Cool

#18 Posted by Stackboy (517 posts) -

Makes sense to be competing with what Sony offers with PS+, on the PS4.

I can see this happening around E3 time, when the worlds press is watching.

Guys, E3 is only a little over 6 months away!!

#19 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3999 posts) -

Good news. Lets hope they offer a good selection.

#20 Edited by mrcraggle (1980 posts) -

At least launching it soon after launch will guarantee more modern games. PS+ is a pretty awesome service but it'll be interesting to see how Sony will handle it seeing as it's starting from the launch with smaller titles while MS can wait until next year and give people a huge game like Ryse or DR3.

#21 Posted by big_jon (5791 posts) -

Yes!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.