Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Got to say this

Tobyus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

But I cant wait for the new Xbox. This is a thing where I have to have a new TV and sound system. Just to see and hear the best of it.

Anyone else like that? Haha.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Maajin

Not me. I'll probably wait at least a year (probably two) to see which of the two consoles get the best exclusives, maybe get a price drop and hopefully avoid any launch problems like the 3RL. Sticking to the PC until then.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I hear ya. It's been a long time since we''ve done this dance, and that there are shiny new consoles to buy makes we wanna get a new everythang to go with it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, which is why I'll always go for some new PC hardware when I want to see and hear the best of it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Yeah, which is why I'll always go for some new PC hardware when I want to see and hear the best of it.

I was trying to think of a way to say this without sounding elitist. I couldn't.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I tried but it's just tough when you're at the top.

*sniff* *cough*

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JasonR86

You just had to say that huh?

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@colourful_hippie: @believer258:

: / - come on guys, the OP is actually excited for something. No need to rain on his parade, that's just lame.

@theht said:

I hear ya. It's been a long time since we''ve done this dance, and that there are shiny new consoles to buy makes we wanna get a new everythang to go with it.

Word - I'd totally upgrade the TV in my room for the new consoles, but I don't think I can afford it after the (probably) $7-800 AUD layout for the console + games.

Unless I get the job I'm going for.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm with ya, new consoles are exciting.

But I'm to busy awaiting the day where I hook up a monster gaming PC to triple 72-inch HDTVs and 7.1 surround sound to be excited about this Kinect & TV stuff.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

*sniff* *cough*

Only people who write stuff like this are those that didn't experience what PC gaming was like in the past. I still have nightmares about drivers to this very day.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@colourful_hippie said:

*sniff* *cough*

Only people who write stuff like this are those that didn't experience what PC gaming was like in the past. I still have nightmares about drivers to this very day.

Or people who can't afford to have both a good PC for games and consoles for those great exclusives.

Sorry to pull the money card, but as a person who went multiplatform last generation (ie, after I finally joined the workforce during Uni), I won't be going back. I know the PC has great releases nowadays (I play them... on my PC) but I'm also very much looking forward to The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls later this year.

Oh, and I'm by no means rich - I quit my shitty sales job last year and have been doing freelance work since, and anyone who has worked freelance can tell you how dicey that is - but the ONLY other reasons I can think of for not having consoles along-side your PC are derivatives of being closed-minded.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:
    @colourful_hippie said:

*sniff* *cough*

If you actually took that comment seriously then I guess I have no one else to blame other than sarcasm's ineptitude of being noticed through the internet. Taking into consideration the PC's past only shows just how far the platform has come.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@colourful_hippie said:

*sniff* *cough*

Or people who can't afford to have both a good PC for games and consoles for those great exclusives.

Sorry to pull the money card, but as a person who went multiplatform last generation (ie, after I finally joined the workforce during Uni), I won't be going back. I know the PC has great releases nowadays (I play them... on my PC) but I'm also very much looking forward to The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls later this year.

Oh, and I'm by no means rich - I quit my shitty sales job last year and have been doing freelance work since, and anyone who has worked freelance can tell you how dicey that is - but the ONLY other reasons I can think of for not having consoles along-side your PC are derivatives of being closed-minded.

I like how one little off-handed remark can lead to two different responses from two people. Dude was joking.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:
    @colourful_hippie said:

*sniff* *cough*

I hear ye.

No wait I don't hear ye. The last few years have been so smoothly sailing that I'd forgotten all the troubles of the past. All I remember vividly from that past is smearing my chair with shit the first time I fired up Crysis.

Good memories.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@colourful_hippie said:

*sniff* *cough*

I'm pretty sure people who go into console threads to tell others how the PC is the only "real" way to play videogames are just doing so in jest.

Surely no intelligent, self respecting human being would go around saying things like "pc master race" etc and actually mean it.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: PC have come miles forward in terms of compatibility and stability issues. Although even to this day there are times when firing up a brand new game can feel like playing Russian roulette between the game and your system specs.

Just recently I played Max Payne 3 on pretty high settings with no issues or performance dips. When I booted up Bioshock Infinite it was a constant struggle to find settings and even .ini tweaks before the game performed smoothly - and Infinite is not a really graphically prominent title.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's the curse of the PC, it's so fucking good that you can't keep it out of every thread talking about the future of gaming.

I'm kinda bummed about this excited guy's thread getting derailed but man, the PC, MAN, FUCK.

InsaneGenis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InsaneGenis

I own a Sony and Xbox. I weighed my options this generation and bought the 360 first. I bought my Sony about 3 years later. I finally can afford both this generation at launch and I've been saving for a year now.

After Xbox's press conference, I've decided I'm going one console again. I don't see the major differences between them in the new generation. What led me to the Xbox this generation was Xbox live and how much easier it was to deal with vs Sony online. I've decided to pass on the Xbox this go around until later if at all.

I am excited about a new toy though. It's been a rough year for me and this is helping to keep me occupied. What I really want to see out of E3 this year is the Steam Box. I think it's going to be a major contender this time. It's probably going to be expensive as hell, but I want it.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colourful_hippie

@humanity: You're not wrong which is why convenience is one of the biggest factors when choosing sides, but those kinds of small issues on PC rarely end up being too crazy and I personally feel like that's what separates the casual player (different casual, not your angry birds kind of casual) from the "enthusiast" who doesn't mind jumping an additional hoop or two to get the best experience possible.

FYI on Infinite, there's a thread in the Infinite forums where I figured out how to increase the VRAM cap and now that I did that I only get split second slowdowns when a new environment is loaded.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No. X1 bores me.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The next Xbox looks cool but I am still going to wait to see what their stance and how they are going to work with used games. I enjoy Used games since spending 60+$ on a new one sucks since I am soon to have alot more money being used for other things. Sony hasn't said much on their stance but that also means there hasn't been much hate towards them about it either which is always good. It is up to MS to decide if I am with the OP on wanting to buy a new TV for the new console or wait till its cheap and they dont make much on the sale.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I hate spending money. It's such a hassle. Other than that I feel similarly, just for PS4 instead of Xbox One, though I won't buy a new entertainment center for it. I don't replace things that aren't broken.

That said. Good for you!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Sooty

@tobyus said:

Just to see and hear the best of it.

Erm that is the same for any console or device for your TV ever

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

I was trying to think of a way to say this without sounding elitist. I couldn't.

Not really the same thing, you might see gradual improvements if you upgraded your PC every 2 years, but to console gamers this is their first upgrade since 2005, it will be leaps and bounds better than a yearly PC upgrade.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Not really the same thing, you might see gradual improvements if you upgraded your PC every 2 years, but to console gamers this is their first upgrade since 2005, it will be leaps and bounds better than a yearly PC upgrade.

Unless that upgrade was finally getting an SSD. Man, never going back - EVER.

I'm sad that my future PS4 won't have an SSD in it : /

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Jesus, duders, I go take a nap and my inbox is suddenly full because of one off-hand joke-y comment that I made in reply to another off-hand joke-y comment.

See, if I had written a lengthy discourse on why I am sticking to the PC for at least a year or two, I would have had maybe one or two replies.

On-topic: Giantbomb at large doesn't seem too excited for the Xbox One. XBone. X1. Whatever the fuck you want to call it. I don't know if the rest of the internet does, I stay cooped up on this forum and don't go to other places.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, duders, I go take a nap and my inbox is suddenly full because of one off-hand joke-y comment that I made in reply to another off-hand joke-y comment.

See, if I had written a lengthy discourse on why I am sticking to the PC for at least a year or two, I would have had maybe one or two replies.

On-topic: Giantbomb at large doesn't seem too excited for the Xbox One. XBone. X1. Whatever the fuck you want to call it. I don't know if the rest of the internet does, I stay cooped up on this forum and don't go to other places.

The internet hates it. Or better it replaced the Wii U and now everyone laughs and makes fun about Microsoft.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@believer258 said:

The internet hates it. Or better it replaced the Wii U and now everyone laughs and makes fun about Microsoft.

That's not true. And I'm still laughing at the Wii U.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobyus said:

But I cant wait for the new Xbox. This is a thing where I have to have a new TV and sound system. Just to see and hear the best of it.

Anyone else like that? Haha.

Nope couldn't care less about the new xbox. They could not have made the system less interesting to me if they tried. Forced kinect? Kinect is crap. No backwards compatibility. No old XBox Arcade games. Some games are online only... No game announcements that sound even remotely interesting to someone not a "core gamer". IE: You play something other than madden or CoD. When they announce an exclusive worth owning, like the original mass effect release was for 360, I will give a rats ass and consider buying. For now Microsoft would have to pay me to make me bother connecting it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I turn on my cable box months at a time. TV is dead. I still don't understand why MS hitched its wagon onto the old infrastructure for television. I wished they went with a bigger focus on Netflix and Hulu. With Hulu looking for buyers, it would have been an awesome move for them to buy the service and push that as their main method of having TV content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.