Guy gets Xbox One early due to Target Shipping error.

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Edited by BRich (428 posts) -

Someone from Microsoft commented already and it appears to just be a ban until launch day. Which does make sense, but this guy was all positives about the system.

He was also still able to play single player with the console ban, so xbox live trolls can at least take solace in that.

#52 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@brich said:

Someone from Microsoft commented already and it appears to just be a ban until launch day. Which does make sense, but this guy was all positives about the system.

He was also still able to play single player with the console ban, so xbox live trolls can at least take solace in that.

that is nice to hear^^

But still Sony tries to profit from this^^

#53 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1770 posts) -

@darji: That's different from leaking games Darji Kun~

#54 Edited by flippyandnod (344 posts) -

Yeah, Sony is making hay from this. Why shouldn't they? MS dicked the guy, Sony wants to indicate that isn't how they treat their customers.

Seems like a smart move to me.

#55 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It's so disgusting that they are banning people (temp or not) for having a console legitimately early.

Microsoft are being such a fucking awful company when it comes to the Xbox One, it's going to take some extremely enticing exclusives to make me want to give my money to them again. I already called it quits after all the pathetic Xbox Live Gold paywalling.

#56 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@darji: That's different from leaking games Darji Kun~

He is not leaking games or telling you something really new. He was just uploading some stuff we have even seen in the new XBox One interface video. And he plays games he actually downloaded from their store so again no harm done here.

#57 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1770 posts) -

@darji: He was playing Ghosts:Dogs and telling people about it on twitter

#58 Edited by big_jon (5657 posts) -

@razielcuts: Then don't post in the thread...

I really like the UI, it is actually getting me pretty pumped for this generation, especially since this is just the beginning and things will get better.

#59 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

@big_jon: That 'I don't give a shit' image was aimed mostly towards the guy who was 'narrating' the video, not the notion of someone getting an XB1 early. He was super annoying, squeeeeing like a full on man baby. Anyway now the video's been delisted I've deleted the comment as without context I can see it looked kinda trollish.

#60 Edited by xyzygy (9607 posts) -

There is probably some legal reason for this. Major Nelson got in touch with him and they're going to talk it over but he confirmed it's not a permaban, and he can still play his games offline.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/statuses/399195371848482818

I still think it's pretty cool that the guy still thinks the console is awesome and is pumped regardless. I mean really, the alternative was him getting the game on the 22nd so I don't see the big deal.

#61 Posted by big_jon (5657 posts) -

@razielcuts: Oh, okay, I didn't get to see the video, sorry.

#62 Posted by The_Nubster (1950 posts) -

@chrissedoff: Yeah. It had a good number. Nothin as flashy as these new ones, but they were alright.

Crash Bandicoot all day, motherfucker. Crash goddamn Bandicoot!

#63 Posted by rangers517 (109 posts) -

Stupid that they banned him. He was like the perfect guy to get that system early to get people hyped. A guy that's not tech savvy(didn't know the resolution of his tv), and said the console has "great graphics" while playing the worst looking next gen version of COD, a game that already looks horrible on everything.

The only thing I was confused about is he said he had to wait for COD to get to 50% installation (about 20 mins) before he could play. I figured it would be like on PS4 where you could just play instantly while it installs in the background. With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

#64 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2057 posts) -

Stupid that they banned him. He was like the perfect guy to get that system early to get people hyped. A guy that's not tech savvy(didn't know the resolution of his tv), and said the console has "great graphics" while playing the worst looking next gen version of COD, a game that already looks horrible on everything.

The only thing I was confused about is he said he had to wait for COD to get to 50% installation (about 20 mins) before he could play. I figured it would be like on PS4 where you could just play instantly while it installs in the background. With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

PS4 also has to download a certain amount of the game before being able to play.

#65 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@rangers517 said:

With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

I don't have peasant Internet so it's cool.

But if I had shitty net, then yeah maybe these consoles aren't for me. I don't see it being a huge issue because if it is, then these consoles are going to make a lot of enemies.

#66 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (857 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

There is probably some legal reason for this. Major Nelson got in touch with him and they're going to talk it over but he confirmed it's not a permaban, and he can still play his games offline.

where's the confirmation about a temp ban? It's easy to act concerned when this news blows up and Microsoft has to issue a formal apology. I bet my ass that'd they'd perma-ban this guy, were he not that he posted his banning online and garnering bad PR.

#67 Posted by rangers517 (109 posts) -

@rangers517 said:

Stupid that they banned him. He was like the perfect guy to get that system early to get people hyped. A guy that's not tech savvy(didn't know the resolution of his tv), and said the console has "great graphics" while playing the worst looking next gen version of COD, a game that already looks horrible on everything.

The only thing I was confused about is he said he had to wait for COD to get to 50% installation (about 20 mins) before he could play. I figured it would be like on PS4 where you could just play instantly while it installs in the background. With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

PS4 also has to download a certain amount of the game before being able to play.

@sooty said:

@rangers517 said:

With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

I don't have peasant Internet so it's cool.

But if I had shitty net, then yeah maybe these consoles aren't for me. I don't see it being a huge issue because if it is, then these consoles are going to make a lot of enemies.

I said install, not download. He had a physical copy of COD and it wouldn't let him play for 20 minutes until he got to 50% install.

#68 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3626 posts) -

Lucky dude. I can't be too mad at MS for banning the console till launch day, I'm not real surprised that happened. Would be cooler if they let him do what he wanted though he was doing a pretty good job hyping it up.

#69 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@manhattan_project said:

@rangers517 said:

Stupid that they banned him. He was like the perfect guy to get that system early to get people hyped. A guy that's not tech savvy(didn't know the resolution of his tv), and said the console has "great graphics" while playing the worst looking next gen version of COD, a game that already looks horrible on everything.

The only thing I was confused about is he said he had to wait for COD to get to 50% installation (about 20 mins) before he could play. I figured it would be like on PS4 where you could just play instantly while it installs in the background. With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

PS4 also has to download a certain amount of the game before being able to play.

@sooty said:

@rangers517 said:

With huge game sizes like that it could be kinda bad to have to wait like 10-20 minutes for every game.

I don't have peasant Internet so it's cool.

But if I had shitty net, then yeah maybe these consoles aren't for me. I don't see it being a huge issue because if it is, then these consoles are going to make a lot of enemies.

I said install, not download. He had a physical copy of COD and it wouldn't let him play for 20 minutes until he got to 50% install.

I thought you meant download because having to install games is already a big issue for the PS3, more often than not there's a 20+ minute installation time. I think MGS4 took me like 40 fucking minutes.

#70 Posted by Scroll (589 posts) -

@sooty: Snake smoking with an installation bar was better than the actual game.

#71 Posted by awesomeusername (4056 posts) -
#72 Posted by rangers517 (109 posts) -

@sooty: They've already said for PS4 you can play instantly while it installs, so they fixed that. It would be crazy if the roles were now reversed and you had to wait for long installs on the Xone like this guy was saying.

#73 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

There is probably some legal reason for this. Major Nelson got in touch with him and they're going to talk it over but he confirmed it's not a permaban, and he can still play his games offline.

where's the confirmation about a temp ban? It's easy to act concerned when this news blows up and Microsoft has to issue a formal apology. I bet my ass that'd they'd perma-ban this guy, were he not that he posted his banning online and garnering bad PR.

Twitter, read the updated kotaku link. They only banned him until launch day, which makes sense.

#74 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

@dystopiax said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@xyzygy said:

There is probably some legal reason for this. Major Nelson got in touch with him and they're going to talk it over but he confirmed it's not a permaban, and he can still play his games offline.

where's the confirmation about a temp ban? It's easy to act concerned when this news blows up and Microsoft has to issue a formal apology. I bet my ass that'd they'd perma-ban this guy, were he not that he posted his banning online and garnering bad PR.

Twitter, read the updated kotaku link. They only banned him until launch day, which makes sense.

Thank God. If this was a permaban, not only would that be shitty, but this whole thing could potentially explode into a PR nightmare for MS.

#75 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

#76 Posted by Darji (5295 posts) -

@darji: He was playing Ghosts:Dogs and telling people about it on twitter

So what? he did not sign any NDA so why not? And at least he can still play offline right now so I guess it is ok^^

#77 Posted by Chaser324 (5951 posts) -

where's the confirmation about a temp ban? It's easy to act concerned when this news blows up and Microsoft has to issue a formal apology. I bet my ass that'd they'd perma-ban this guy, were he not that he posted his banning online and garnering bad PR.

I realize that with your very pro-Sony and anti-MS outlook, you're always going to be pessimistic about this stuff, but I actually feel like it would probably be the opposite. If he weren't posting anything online, I don't think they would have even given him the temp ban.

This is just MS trying to maintain their embargo, not only for their own benefit, but also because media outlets actually do get pretty pissed off when people are able to start discussing and showing things before them (Sessler has been known to occasionally rant about it).

Moderator
#78 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Well according to his tweets, he's been unbanned.

#79 Posted by bigjeffrey (4153 posts) -

Also new Video, they too got banned. Quick boot up from standby

#80 Posted by PhilESkyline (770 posts) -

Both consoles will be great. I find it interesting how Sony got some much flack when they said it had 300 MB download day 1 to watch Blu-Ray movies. MS has a 500 MB download in order to just play games and no negative feedback. I'm glad the guy isn't permbanned but it have a next gen paper weight sitting at home until launch is a tease. Would have been better to not have it at all launch day.

#81 Posted by FuriousJodo (111 posts) -

MS announced their patch months ago so it wasn't really a surprise. I don't really have a problem with either, 300-500MB isn't exactly a giant download these days.

#82 Posted by confideration (387 posts) -

I think it's super interesting and cool that we're finally far enough along where they can start manufacturing early enough to make a ton of consoles and still be working on the OS until the last week before the street date.

By now hopefully most of us are used to connected devices and computers. We all love Steam so much but I think it's easy to forget the online requirement which is actually the thing that has made it such a success.

#83 Posted by kishinfoulux (2077 posts) -

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

#84 Posted by Syed117 (386 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: I've never really checked but I guess 17 seconds is fast. Apparently the ps4 boots in 30 seconds which is slower than the ps3.

Not exactly a long amount of time in either case, but it's impressive that Microsoft has gotten that time down considering how much more the OS is doing in the xbox one. System level software has never been something that Sony has excelled at. It's a bit surprising that the xbox one boots almost twice as fast. Let's hope it holds up over time.

#85 Edited by BRich (428 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

#86 Posted by bigjeffrey (4153 posts) -

@brich said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

Still on that Windows 7 huh, Windows 8 10-13 second boot up.

#87 Posted by CrazyBagMan (801 posts) -

@brich said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

Still on that Windows 7 huh, Windows 8 10-13 second boot up.*

*with an SSD

#88 Edited by Humanity (7938 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

@brich said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

Still on that Windows 7 huh, Windows 8 10-13 second boot up.*

*with an SSD

With an SSD it takes like 10 seconds for me if we're not counting the somewhat long bios check my computer does (otherwise it's about 20 seconds) - and this is on a machine that had the windows install cloned onto the SSD so the file structure is still in a non-SSD format. If I were to do a clean install, for which I am entirely too lazy, I'm guessing the boot would be faster. I have the new Samsung 840 Pro 256gb on a Windows 7 install.

#89 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@humanity said:

@crazybagman said:

@bigjeffrey said:

@brich said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

Still on that Windows 7 huh, Windows 8 10-13 second boot up.*

*with an SSD

With an SSD it takes like 10 seconds for me if we're not counting the somewhat long bios check my computer does (otherwise it's about 20 seconds) - and this is on a machine that had the windows install cloned onto the SSD so the file structure is still in a non-SSD format. If I were to do a clean install, for which I am entirely too lazy, I'm guessing the boot would be faster. I have the new Samsung 840 Pro 256gb on a Windows 7 install.

Windows 8 plus SSD gives me ridiculous fast boot times, I get like 5 seconds or so on restarts.

#90 Posted by kishinfoulux (2077 posts) -

@brich said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Huh, only 8 or 9 seconds longer than my PC. That's a nice step up from the 360.

Maybe I'm crazy, but did the 360 and PS3 take that long? That doesn't seem fast at all.

Wtf why does my windows take about 10 minutes. And OSX maybe 1-2 minutes. How could your PC possibly start up from off in 8 seconds?

Still on that Windows 7 huh, Windows 8 10-13 second boot up.

I'm on Windows 7 still and it doesn't take super long really. Then again I'm usually doing something else as it starts up.

#91 Posted by AMyggen (1978 posts) -

Both consoles will be great. I find it interesting how Sony got some much flack when they said it had 300 MB download day 1 to watch Blu-Ray movies. MS has a 500 MB download in order to just play games and no negative feedback. I'm glad the guy isn't permbanned but it have a next gen paper weight sitting at home until launch is a tease. Would have been better to not have it at all launch day.

No negative feedback? You've clearly not read any comment sections on articles about MS' "day 1 patch". I feel like MS got the same, if not more, shit for doing this than Sony. If they got less shit, it's probably because the need for a day 1 patch for the Xbone was known since they reversed their Always Online policy. MS hasn't been very clear about a lot of things regarding the Xbone, but they always said that it would need a patch like that.

Anyways, good to see that the console seems to work at least :)

#92 Edited by BRich (428 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: No I have Windows 8.1 and it actually takes longer than Windows 7 did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.