Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

How do you stream tv via SmartGlass?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

I'm starting to get pissed off, so apologies in advance. I know this was a big new feature in the last SmartGlass update, but no amount of digging through menus or searching for it online comes up with anything. How the flying fuck does this work? Microsoft doesn't list this information anywhere on any of their sites (at least not in an obvious, easy to find place) and it's infuriating.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

I'm almost certain that Smartglass streaming only works with the USB TV Tuner (which is only available in some European markets) so unless you've got that hooked up you're shit out of luck.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@conmulligan: Wait, really? *scratches head* That seems dumb.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@falconer: Yeah, it'd be cool if they extended that functionality to include the HDMI input, but I bet there are a ton of reasons not to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.