Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

How's the UI without Kinect?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JayEH

Hey everyone, so I just bought a Xbox One without a Kinect off Ebay for about $100 cheaper than usual so I was wondering how the UI functions without it. Is there anything major I'd be missing out on besides voice controls?

I really just wanted the console for the games (mainly Titanfall and Quantum Break) but if its really worth it, I'll consider buying a Kinect off Ebay later on.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Well they always said it's optional, so I'd imagine it'd be decent. Just the idea of Kinect is that you can quick select things using voice, and in the past 2 months of lets players, twitch and youtube showing off just how goofy Kinect is..... I believe you did the right thing.

I mean, I always wanted to have Kinect support in Assassin's Creed since brotherhood, and that's never happened. You know, do a small gesture and then an assassin guild member comes out and kills an enemy for you...... doesn't that sound simple enough?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd imagine it's entirely usable. You won't get the voice commands that seem to be pretty useful but it doesn't look like the UI would be a hassle to get through.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Totally useable, but not without some baffling menu and settings choices and locations.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's super fine. I don't use kinect at all (except for the face log in stuff) and I haven't had any problems.

It's not nearly as cumbersome to get around as people make it our to be.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once you get used to where everything is, it's fine without it. That being said, I usually keep my Kinect on...when it works it's pretty neat.

Definitely looking forward to the system update in March. The whole thing seems to be a step back from the 360.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the kinect is pretty great in my opinion. It needs some learning, but works just fine and will probably get better as user feedbacks are implemented into the software. I still use the standar UI alot, has a lot of flaws, but for a controller UI, it works just fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.