Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

How Xbox One will work for importers

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

Some people might want to import and Xbox One if your country is not in the launch list. Albert Penello recently went on Neo Gaf to explain somethings.

It's totally different.

First - all games are WW signed. Not all 360 games are.

Second - The console will work everywhere (keeping in mind Power Supplies)

Third - You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family.

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards... :)

You will still find that music and video content can be geo-restricted based on licensing. (e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76585023&postcount=19

Also there was a leak document going into various scenarios for importers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653023

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards... :)

I guess it's nice for the ppl who are importing.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why are all company insiders on Neogaf?

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Silver-Streak

@connerthekewlkid: From what I understand, it was basically a domino effect. A QA guy posted publicly about non-secret stuff, a Dev posted behind the scenes stuff, etc etc, until developers and game development community folks felt generally safe there, even posting anonymously (I believe the general response to groups trying to get info out of GAF is all "you can fuck right off).

That eventually escalated to where developers and people in the know felt as part of the community, so I think when they see a ton of excitement (or lack of excitement for something they're excited about) they post leaks or "rumors". There's also some sleuthing folks on the board, as well.

I could be totally wrong, though. I don't actually post on GAF, just lurk forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.